Director of Strategic Initiatives
575 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10018
BA cum laude, Spanish/Comparative Area Studies, Duke University.
- New York University in Madrid, junior semester study abroad program
- Colombia Business School, MBA, Marketing and Management.
New York, NY
As Director of Strategic Initiatives, Lauren Gaviser developed all
of the primary relationships for Register.com’s policy and public
affairs outreach. She has also been a lead in several proprietary
business development initiatives. Her responsibilities include: Recommendation
of strategic partners and acquisitions candidates; Development of
business cases for proposed new business opportunities; and Negotiation
of contracts with strategic partners, including direct investment
and long term relationship development. Most recently, Lauren has
been directly involved in building out Register.com’s new registry
outsourcing initiative, and negotiating agreements with potential
New York, NY
| 1995 - 1998
1/98 - present Senior
Associate, Communications, Media & Technology Practice
8/96 - 9/98 Associate
5/9 - 8/95 Summer
- Developed and implemented an international marketing strategy
for a large telecom equipment manufacturer. Managed team of Booz•Allen
and client staff.
- Conducted economic and competitive analysis of the wireless
market for a global cellular service provider. Identified potential
joint venture partners and presented conclusions.
- Forecasted demand and revenues for the telecommunications markets
in Argentina, Brazil and Mexico based on socio-economic, regulatory
and competitive analysis.
- Developed international distribution strategy for a satellite
services provider. Interviewed wireless providers, distributors
and regulators in Latin America, Middle East and Europe.
- Analyzed sales and marketing practices in the computer industry.
Defined competitive dynamics and market opportunities, and formulated
business plan to compete in this market.
- Conducted market segmentation study and recommended key target
markets for new information technology product.
- Developed US market entry strategy for new product introduction
for multi-national consumer electronics firm. Assessed viability
of US market and sized and recommended potential market segments.
|Alcatel Bell Telephone
Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Marketed debit and credit cardphones for export department of major
French telecom company.
- Coordinated market penetration efforts among Alcatel agents
in Eastern Europe and Asia.
- Generated pro forma financial statements for local manufacturing
project in China; forecasted annual production of 20,000 cardphones
and 100 million telephone cards.
- Organized logistics of department's participation in technology
trade fair in Vilnius, Lithuania. Fair led to 3-year contract
to supply Latvia with 7,000 cardphones.
- Orchestrated cross-functional response to commercial and technical
specifications issued by Ethiopian and Norwegian Telecom Administrations.
Of International Business
Columbia Business School
- Assisted associate director in launching newly formed institute.
- Conducted nation-wide campaign to promote Chazen Fellowship
to undergraduate universities and students.