Proven manager of cash flow positive Internet company with hands-on experience
in the set-up & management of international call center.
Honorable Mention in the 2000 ICSA SOUL Awards.
The ICSA Soul Awards recognizes an individual or team who has made
a significant contribution toward providing Service On Unbelievable
Levels or SOUL. This award is dedicated to exemplify and honor a distinct
class of professionals dedicated to providing exceptional customer service
through dedication, resourcefulness and creativity.
- Set-up and management of 24-hour international call center
- Created and managed change and control process for information
distribution to 200 Customer Service Representatives on International
- Multiple customer communication vehicles (email, voice,
- Provided multilingual support to International customers
- Provided support for International character domain names
- Coordination of programming, sales & marketing departments
- Able to interact effectively with senior management
- Appraising customer satisfaction
- Staff development
- Design and implementation of global e-commerce systems
- Ability to address both retail and corporate markets
Register.com: 1999-present. DIRECTOR
OF CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Managed multi-lingual center comprised of 7supervisors,
5 level III support, 20 level II support, and 160 level I support personnel.
Team was responsible for troubleshooting DNS, zone file and proprietary
software issues for customers. Support group was responsible for the
support of 4 million domain names with 1.4 million users
- Designed and implemented construction of foreign call center.
Responsible for furnishing, staffing and management of 200 employees
with 5000+ emails/faxes/chats each day. Brought online on time and on
- Launched training programs for new products, services, and
multiple marketing campaigns. Launched programs were: Platinum URL forwarding,
Digital Certificates, First Step Site, Web site Now, Virtual Broker,
Domain Manager v3.01, Site Submit, multilingual domain names, Name Spinner,
30 country code top level domains and 6 general top level domains (.
com., net, .org, .name, .biz, .info), launch of usa.net mail, launch
of critical path mail, migration of usa.net customers to critical path.
- Created reporting metrics and procedures to track daily
results for senior management review and to use to manage the department.
- Implemented customer satisfaction standards that increased
satisfaction by 80%.
- Developed global e-systems in coordination with programming,
marketing and sales.
- Managed the. info/.biz new registration process.
- Managed client side integration of new phone system, Nortel
Merdian option 11, install for Canadian Call Center
Responsible for planning call routing and call handling for incoming
- Integrated the corporate and indirect teams into the support
Responsible for creating new two new groups within the support group
that focused on the support of the business-to-business customer. Added
these teams from existing support staff with out losing service level
- Implemented the “Live Chat” feature into support
Increased support group to customer communication by 10%. The interactive
help sessions between users and support members allowed for a quicker
response time then just email.
- Determined operational standards for call center.
Lead group that researched best in class support departments to determine
their response times. Created “online” benchmark and then
set more aggressive goal in order to achieve best in class and best
in medium. Found that average response time on phone was 90 seconds
and email was 24 hours. Support groups goal was 30 seconds on phone
and 3 hours on email.
- Researched location for call center.
Studied options and developed report for second geographic location
for call center. Developed best case/worst case scenario for the Lehigh
River Valley in Pennsylvania. My work was able to conclusively show
that Yarmouth, Nova Scotia was number one choice for best-cost savings
and employment opportunities for call center operations. Implemented
the Yarmouth option.
Rainmaker Productions: 1997-1999. PRODUCTION
- Managed staff of 25 to scan documents and prepare video
depositions for litigation support.
- Worked closely with our Attorney clients Dewey Ballantine
and O'Melveny & Myers to develop in court presentations for the
Waste Management Toms River Remediation case.
- Worked with Farrell Fritz on the Lockheed Martin V. Silicon
Graphics patent infringement case
- Developed and adhered to budgets for projects.
Jarad Syndication: 1996-1997. DIRECTOR
OF AFFILIATE RELATIONS
- Doubled the number of radio stations airing the syndicated
radio show “The Techno-File” within 6 months.
The Gap: 1994 – 1996.
ASSTANT STORE MANAGER
- Motivated staff of 100 employees to reach daily sales goals.
- Allocated resources to meet service levels.
Bachelor of Science, Skidmore College, May 1993, Business Major
Extensive computer literacy