[Comment-Pso] IETF statement on the PSO proposal

The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) endorses the proposal for a
Protocol Supporting Organization posted at
http://www.icann.org/pso/pso1.html. As previously noted, it was developed
in the Poisson Working Group, the IETF's standing process committee, and
represents that consensus; it is also a position of the IETF at large as
represented by its leadership.

The IETF is the organization that the SDO description is modelled on. We
expect to actively contribute to the success of the initiative by
participating in the development of the MoU mentioned in Article 1.c, and
in the PSO upon its conclusion.

If this proposal is adopted, we would consider and explore hosting a
meeting as an adjunct to our July meeting in Oslo.

Fred Baker
IETF Chair