Network Solutions Tactics

What is going on with Network Solutions' Registration process?

They are being GROSSLY unfair and opportunistic in the way they are handling
the INTERNIC.NET site.  I tried to register a domain name today, and the
only choices I had were to apply it to an ISP (I'm not ready to do that at
this moment) or "RESERVE" it with them for $119.00 for 2 years.  They are
taking advantage of their government contract to DELIBERATELY TRICK PEOPLE
into spending money they need not spend.

Besides that, I COULD FIND NO WAY TO LEGITIMATELY REGISTER my domain name
with them!!!   Is the Fox minding the chicken coop, or what?

Please tell me what is being done about these abuses.  Thank you.
Michael LeBlanc
LeBlanc Communications Group, Inc.
17 High Street
Norwalk, CT  06851