Re: more netsol fun (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 17:51:48 -0700
From: JC Dill <inet-list@vo.cnchost.com>
To: INET-ACCESS
Subject: Re: more netsol fun

On 07:58 PM 6/14/99 -0400, up@3.am sent forth across the ether('net):
>On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, David Denney wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 14, 1999 at 04:31:23PM -0700, William Sommers wrote:
>> >  > Still no show on whois (same time)
>> >  > I sent in two MODIFY templates a few minutes ago, and got back a
>> >  > rejection saying that they weren't registered yet.
>> >  > Now what?
>>
>> > 'dig @f.root-servers.net the.domains'
>> > Whois is unreliable -- check the root servers directly.
>>
>> Knowing they are/arenot in root servers doesn't help in regards to
>> getting them registered and/or modified ... You probably need to
>> _call_ internic and say you are the user in question.
>
>I did...they referred me to register.com...

Can you disclose these domain names (registered with register.com rather
than with InterNIC) so we can test and see if any of the various whois
webpages can check *both* databases?

>oboy this competition thing is
>lovely...

Heavens forbid NSI simply create a combined whois to query... after all,
that would be *useful* to the end user.

Chilton?  :-)  If you haven't already done so, this would be good time to
upgrade to the http://www.isp-resource.com/ site's whois functionality to
check *both* databases when it does a whois query.

jc

-