[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [IFWP] Commerce Committee Chair blasts ICANN
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, ICANN Comments <Comments@icann.org>
- Subject: Re: [IFWP] Commerce Committee Chair blasts ICANN
- From: Jeff Williams <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 15:00:00 +0100
- CC: David Post <Postd@erols.com>, Domain policy <DOMAIN-POLICY@LISTS.INTERNIC.NET>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "Theresa.Swinehart@wcom.com" <Theresa.Swinehart@wcom.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "Esther (The clueless) Dyson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Mike (The Robber) Roberts" <email@example.com>
- Organization: INEG. Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <m10wRiE-000XyKC@ns1.vrx.net> <email@example.com>
Martin and all,
With all due respect Martin old boy, you seem to be missing the
point. >;) That being, that if ICANN is allowed to make or impose
a $1.00 charge for each registration of a domain name through one
or any of its registrars, than it has set a precedent. That if done,
would give the DNSO or the ICANN board, to than make any "Adjustments"
to that $1.00 fee/tax at any time and for any amount, under any
To allow this now is a slippery slope and all without stakeholder
approval. This would be utter nonsense!
Martin B. Schwimmer wrote:
> A paid agent of NSI who tried to organize a BOF anti-ICANN litigation group
> when ICANN was barely a month old writes:
> "Bliley Blasts ICANN Management Of Domain Names. Questions Authority To
> Levy Domain Name Tax
> (I guess the US Congress is operating as a NSI agent as well.)
> A single congressman does not a US Congress make.
> Of course congressmen independently review the facts and don't ever voice
> the opinion of lobbyists. That's why lobbyists don't exist.
> You run rings around us logically.
> p.s. A dollar fee hampers the Internet, but a $70 fee doesn't?
Jeffrey A. Williams
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
Contact Number: 972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208