[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [IFWP] how do you get to $500,000 since last October?
- To: email@example.com, ICANN Comments <Comments@icann.org>
- Subject: Re: [IFWP] how do you get to $500,000 since last October?
- From: Jeff Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:36:00 +0100
- CC: "Joe (Virus laden Web Page expert) Simms" <Joe_Sims@jonesday.com>
- Organization: INEG. Inc. (Spokesman INEGroup)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <19990725114101.C15439@songbird.com> <email@example.com> <19990725144302.C17485@songbird.com> <379B8F4D.5613C102@law.miami.edu>
Michael and all,
Agreed. Quite ironic! It also appears that either Joe Sims was
either incorrect in his assertion at that time, or that Kent Crispin,
as per usual has no idea what he is talking about, or both...
You be the judge...
Michael Froomkin wrote:
> That's strange. When I raised anti-trust questions to Joe Sims a while
> ago (in the context of whether ICANN's suggestions that the registries
> should voluntarily club together and have identical dispute policies) he
> assured me the issues were clear-cut and there were no problems. (Alas,
> for some reason, I was unable to follow his somewhat abbreviated
> explanation as to why this was.) [That's irony, folks.]
> Kent Crispin wrote:
> > I really don't know, Marty -- I was just pointing out what might be
> > some complicating factors. I am pretty sure that at least part of the
> > IANA work was pro bono. Someone did mention to me in private
> > email, though, that having a certain amount of money on hand is
> > required before one can hire in-house counsel :-)
> > I also believe, and I have some evidence from personal conversations
> > and the like, that ICANN's legal situation is a great deal more
> > complicated than appears on the surface (and the surface is
> > complicated enough). I have mentioned several times in the past, for
> > example, that ICANN really must be very aware of where it sits vis a
> > vis anti trust, not only in the US, but worldwide. Research into
> > such topics doesn't come cheap.
> A. Michael Froomkin | Professor of Law | firstname.lastname@example.org
> U. Miami School of Law, P.O. Box 248087, Coral Gables, FL 33124 USA
> +1 (305) 284-4285 | +1 (305) 284-6506 (fax) | http://www.law.tm
> --> It's hot there. I'm elsewhere. <--
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman INEGroup (Over 95k members strong!)
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
Contact Number: 972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208