Re: [IFWP] Internet stability - ICANN Creditability

Roberto and all,

R.Gaetano@iaea.org wrote:

> Ronda Hauben wrote:
> >
> > So the only way to argue for ICANN to exist is to threaten
> > that something
> > worse will happen if it doesn't.
> >
> > That makes clear that ICANN is illegitimate.
> >
> > And those who argue that you can't complain about ICANN or you will
> > only get something worse, show that they have no basis to
> > have anything to do with the Internet, certainly *not* take
> > over control of its essential functions.
> >

> How did we go from the "argue for ICANN to exist" in the first sentence to
> the "argue that you can't complain about ICANN" in the last sentence?
>
> Of course we all can complain and try to make it better, but if we try to
> eliminate it instead, let's be aware of the risk involved.

  Eliminating ICANN would make very little difference in the status quo
presently.  But again this is really besides the point.  Let's really
face the fact that "ICANN IS OUT OF CONTROL", it has been
sense just before singapore.  What does this really mean?
Well it means that the current ICANN (Initial?) Interim Board
needs to be replaced immediately, that the decisions in singapore
and in Berlin need to be recinded and that a membership needs
to ratify any and all decisiopns that any ICANN Board, now or
in the future might present...