Re: [IFWP] ICANN meeting scheduled for August 12

Mr. Auerbach and Everyone,

  Mr. Auerbach, your points are well taken by myself and I expect by others
as well.  It is good that you highlight them in this post.  Thank for doing
so.

  These concerns show in a somewhat dramatic and blatant manner the
lack of responsibility that this current ICANN Interim Board.

Karl Auerbach wrote:

> In case folks haven't noticed, there is an ICANN board meeting scheduled
> for August 12, only a few days from now.
>
> The only place I can find it mentioned is in the note attached to the
> notice of a proposed by-laws-amendment.
>
> It's not listed on ICANN's calendar of events.
>
> Congress was told by ICANN that all board meetings have a pre-posted
> agenda and other indicia of "openness".
>
> Where is the agenda for the August 12 meeting?
>
> What other matters are going to be discussed?
>
> Where is the meeting going to be held so that the public can attend
> or listen in?
>
> As for the content of that meeting:
>
> So far, the few comments posted on the proposal show some degree of
> acceptance of it but also contain significant, and unanswered, questions
> about the events that transpired in which ICANN acted as if these changes
> were in effect before they were even proposed.
>
>                 --karl--

Respectfully,

--
Brian C. Hollingsworth
Sr. Legal Advisor, International House of Justice Internet