[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Newly Updated NCDNHC Membership List
- To: Non-Commercial Domain Name Holders Constituency Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>, DNSO GA <email@example.com>, ICANN Comments <Comments@icann.org>
- Subject: Re: Newly Updated NCDNHC Membership List
- From: Jeff Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:43:29 +0100
- Organization: INEG. Inc. (Spokesman INEGroup)
- References: <LYR1724-5450-1999.08.16-00.51.41--randy#PSG.COM@lyris.isoc.org> <LYR1800email@example.com> <19990816165630.N31280@cosmos.kaist.ac.kr> <LYR1732-5467-1999.08.16-07.02.27--mueller#SYR.EDU@lyris.isoc.org> <LYR1799-5491-1999.08.16-15.31.10--Jwkckid1firstname.lastname@example.org>
Milton and all,
Respectfully I disagree with you here Milton. .NU's status as a potential
member of the NCDNHC is questionable on both counts as a VOTING
member of the NCDNHC, as it does engage in COMMERCIAL
activity, and it is also a (ccTLD)....
Milton Mueller wrote:
> Randy Bush wrote:
> > > bill semich .nu internet users society-niue
> > as far as i know, the NU domain is sold COMMERCIALLY.
> No, Internet Society of Nuie is a non-profit that hasnon-commercial goals and
> objectives. Profits are returned to
> the community in the form of free Internet access.
> The problem with .NU is not its non-commercial status,
> but its membership in the ccTLD constituency.
> m i l t o n m u e l l e r // m u e l l e r @ s y r . e d u
> syracuse university http://istweb.syr.edu/~mueller/
> You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as: Jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-ncdnhc-discuss-1799I@lyris.isoc.org
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman INEGroup (Over 95k members strong!)
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
Contact Number: 972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208