on ICANN Evolution and Reform
Tentative Timetable for the NomCom Process
2 September 2002
To the ICANN Community:
The ICANN Evolution and Reform Committee has prepared the following tentative
timeline for the NomCom process. Comments from the community on this tentative
timeline are invited.
Committee on ICANN Evolution and Reform
2 September 2002
This document outlines a possible timeline for the NomCom process, beginning
from the NomCom's creation to its actual selections. This schedule is
intended specifically for the selection of Board members; an analogous
process would apply to the NomCom's other selections. We invite comments
on the practicality and appropriateness of this timeline.
- ICANN Board formally creates NomCom.
- ICANN Board announces non-voting Chair.
- ICANN Board sets 30-day deadline for selection of NomCom delegates.
- Selecting bodies begin their self-organized process for choosing NomCom
- Deadline for selection of NomCom delegates.
- First NomCom telecon (to continue weekly, in addition to mandatory
- Call for suggestions from the Internet community.
- NomCom takes input, reviews suggestions, interviews stakeholders
as appropriate, evaluates incumbents, considers what areas of expertise
and diversity are required for new Board.
- Mandatory liaison telecons: TAC, SAC, GAC, RSSAC, IAB/IETF, SO Councils.
- Discussion of particular individuals, pursuant to strict confidentiality
rules established in advance; NomCom Chair responsible for managing
process to ensure confidentiality.
- Deadline for ASO, GNSO, and ccNSO to select ICANN Board members (must
be done early in NomCom process so that NomCom can take those selections
into account in determining functional and geographic diversity needs).
- NomCom contacts nominees to advise them that they are under consideration,
and get consent to be selected.
- NomCom meets as needed by telecon, pursuing consensus and/or taking
votes until its selections are completed.
- Quorum consists of at least half plus one of the voting NomCom delegates.
- NomCom members are not eligible to be selected.
- NomCom announces selections.
Questions concerning the layout, construction and functionality
of this site
should be sent to email@example.com.
©2002 The Internet Corporation for Assigned
Names and Numbers. All rights reserved.