ICANN Meetings in Cape Town, South Africa
1-5 December 2004
Video of the Cape Town Meeting is now available for viewing.
The ICANN 2004 annual meeting will be held 1-5 December in Cape Town, South Africa. The meetings are free to attend, and open to any interested person. ICANN encourages broad participation in its bottom-up consensus-development process. You can take part in these meetings by attending in person, by taking part in the webcast and remote participation opportunities, and/or by joining one of the various ICANN-related mailing lists.
The meetings will be hosted by UniForum SA, which are providing a local website that will give information regarding the area, the meeting, and local hotels. The meetings will be held at the Cape Town International Convention Center.
Details about the meetings will be posted on this page as they become available and are subject to change. Please check back often!
All Auditorium events (except the ccNSO council meeting on Saturday 4 Dec) webcast can be viewed at: <http://media1.icann.org/ramgen/encoder/capetown.rm>
All ccNSO meetings webcast can be viewed at: <http://media1.icann.org/ramgen/encoder/ccnso.rm>
Questions or comments may be emailed to ICANN at <email@example.com>.
For questions or comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information relating to Visa's can be obtained from the local hosts website
- GAC Working Groups (Closed Session) (8:30 — 17:00) (Room 2.4)
- GAC Regional Forum (Open Session) (9:00 — 17:00) (Room 2.4)
(The Regional Forum is open to all participants and will include an ICANN Orientation from 9:30 to 10:30.)
- Workshop on the World Summit Information Society (WSIS) * T (8:30 10:30) (Auditorium 1)
- GAC Plenary Meeting (Open Session) (11:30 12:30) (Room 2.4)
- GAC Plenary Meeting (Closed Session) (10:30 — 11:30; 12:30 — 18:30) (Room 2.4)
- IDN Workshop * (13:00 19:30) (Auditorium 1)
- Registrars Constituency (9:30 — 18:00) (Ballroom West)
- Workshop on Re-registration of Deleted Domain Names (14:00 — 16:00)
- ICANN Welcome Ceremony T (9:00 — 10:00) (Auditorium 1)
- Africa At-Large Users Meeting (10:00 — 12:30) (Room 2.66)
- ccNSO Members Meeting * T (10:00 — 18:00) (Room 1.61/1.62)
- GAC Plenary Meeting (Closed Session) (All Day) (Room 2.4)
- At-Large Advisory Committee Meeting (13:30 — 15:00) (Boardroom)
- GNSO Constituency Meetings
- Cross Constituency Meeting (10:00 — 13:00) (Room 1.42)
- NonCommercial Users Constituency Meeting (10:00 17:00) (Room 2.65)
- gTLD Registries Constituency Meeting (10:00 17:30) (Room 1.41)
- Registrars Constituency Meeting (All Day) (Rooms 1.63/1.64)
- Commercial and Business Users Constituency Meeting (14:30 16:30) (Room 1.42)
- Intellectual Property Interests Constituency Meeting (14:30 - 16:30) (Room 1.44)
- Internet Service Providers and Connectivity Providers Constituency Meeting (14:30 16:30) (Room 1.43)
- Local Hosts Reception
- ccNSO Members Meeting * T (9:00 — 13:00) (Room 1.61/1.62)
- GNSO Public Forum * (8:30 10:30) (Auditorium 1) Presentation (PDF)
- WHOIS Task Force 1/2 Recommendations
- Procedure for Use by ICANN in Considering Requests for Consent and Related Contractual Amendments to Allow Changes in the Architecture or Operation of a gTLD Registry
- Summary of Workshop on Solutions to the Contention for Domain Names Made Available by a gTLD Registry
- GNSO Council Review
- Open Microphone (for community to raise issues that the GNSO should examine)
- GNSO Council Meeting * (10:30 12:30) (Auditorium 1)
- Public Forum Part 1 * T (13:00 17:30) (Auditorium 1)
- President's Report Presentation (PDF)
- Introduction of Ombudsman
- Nominating Committee Presentation (PDF)
- Public Comments on President's Report, Ombudsman and Nominating Committee
- New sTLD RFP Update Presentation (PDF)
- Process for New gTLDs
- IANA Processes
- Public Comments on sTLD RFP Update, Process for New gTLDs, and IANA Process
- Africa Regional Update
- Update on IDN Committee/Workshop Presentation (PDF)
- Global Outreach
- WSIS Update
- WSIS Continuation & Open Microphone
- Public Forum Part II * T (8:30 12:30) (Auditorium 1)
- Board Committee Reports
- Advisory Committee Reports
- Supporting Organization Reports
- ASO Report
- GNSO Report
- ccNSO Report Presentation (PDF)
- Public Comments on Advisory Committee and SO Reports
- GNSO Review Presentation (PDF)
- Consensus Policy Updates Presentation (PDF)
- Open Microphone
- ccNSO Council Meeting * T (14:00 — 16:00) (Auditorium 1)
- Board Meeting * (8:00 — ) (Auditorium 1)
- Public Meeting — Internet accessibility for the blind and seeing impaired Preceding the 6th World Blind Union Congress (14:30 — 16:00) (Auditorium 1)
Pre-registration for this meeting is now open. Click here to pre-register. Pre-registration is not required to attend the meeting. If you have not pre-registered but still plan to attend the meeting, you may do so at the Cape Town International Convention Center.
Upon arrival, participants should pick up their badges and meeting materials at the registration desk.
More information about sponsorship opportunities can be found on the local hosts' website.
ICANN appreciates the support of the community in providing financial sponsorship for ICANN meetings. This sponsorship is a vital part of enabling ICANN to provide quality programs for meeting attendees. In particular, such generous sponsorship allows ICANN to hold its meetings in geographically diverse locations that allows broader participation across the world's Internet community. Details will be posted as they become available.
ICANN reserves the right not to accept sponsorships from organizations whose missions and activities conflict with ICANN policies.
For All Auditorium events (except the ccNSO council meeting on Saturday 4 Dec) that will be webcast:
For All ccNSO meetings:
For questions or comments please contact: email@example.com
Francophonie has made arrangements for translation of English to French for these sessions. The ICANN community wishes to thank them for this support and assistance.
There will be an Internet Lounge. Wireless Internet connectivity (802.11b) will also be available in the main meeting and public areas.
Members of the press should contact Kieran Baker