

20150209_ccNSO_SECIR_9469

Cristian Hesselman: Did you start the recording?

Unidentified Participant: Yeah.

Cristian Hesselman: Okay. Thank you. All right. So welcome to the SECIR Working Group Meeting. We are still missing quite a few people, but I'm kind of assuming that they can't find the room. So, first off, let's go through the agenda, there is -- quite a few agenda items there. Yeah. And the problem is that we cannot start really with the action points so -- since we don't have everyone here yet.

Anyway, so this is opening and welcome. I think we have a few Observers in the room, which is fine and good. So, welcome, everybody.

So we are going to skip the action points for now, until everybody gets here, and we are going to move onto the TLD.OPS status and operational issue, which is this slide. So what we need to do is review the current list of subscribers, so you said -- Gaby, you mentioned that there's an issue with Dot JP?

Gabriella Schitteck: Yes.

Jacques Latour: (Inaudible)

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah, Jacques. No problem.

Gabriella Schitteck: Okay. Dot JP was on one of the lists that we designed -- of additional ccTLDs that we were going to invite. And I invited them, and there was no reactions (inaudible) the reminder, and then I received a subscription request from two people from Japan, so it wasn't that -- the contact that I had invited, he did not reply, but obviously he told someone, because two people went --

Cristian Hesselman: Requested it?

Gabriella Schitteck: They requested.

Cristian Hesselman: Okay.

Gabriella Schitteck: So what I did was I took their email address and I went back to the --

Cristian Hesselman: IANA (ph) Conference?

Gabriella Schitteck: Yes. And I used the standard text, plus I added; could you also please add the full names and the telephone numbers, because that was not in the (inaudible). And he replied confirming that, yes, these were the appropriate contacts, but without the full names and without the telephone numbers. So I emailed these two people that requested saying; before I can approve you, can you

please send me your full names and telephone numbers? And I have had no replies since the last -- I think three days ago, perhaps.

Cristian Hesselman: Okay.

Gabriella Schitteck: So, these things will happen, these things will happen, and as well, especially this -- the full names and telephone numbers, that's a bit of an issue.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. So maybe we should be -- my first response would be that we might want to be more explicit; this is what happens when they don't provide the information. And maybe we should indicate that, okay, if you don't provide this information then we cannot add you to the list. Or would that be too blunt?

Unidentified Participant: No.

Cristian Hesselman: No?

Unidentified Participant: It's about security.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah.

Gabriella Schitteck: And I think some -- because I changed, let's say, the standard text that was in the appendix.

Unidentified Participant: You did?

Gabriella Schitteck: Yes. I improved it.

Unidentified Participant: Okay.

Gabriella Schitteck: No -- but I just had to add, because the standard text it says, "Please confirm by --" like one sentence that these are the appropriate people, but at least there has to be an option to add what I did, the same plus names -- put in the full names and the telephone numbers.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Should we (inaudible) here? Okay. Oh, by the way, should we also state our names when we say something, or would that be too formal?

Unidentified Participant: (Inaudible)

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Okay.

Gabriella Schitteck: Actually I think that probably for the transcriber -- for the transcription, I think so. Yes. Let's do that. I'm Gabriella Schitteck.

Cristian Hesselman: Okay, Cristian Hesselman.

Erwin Lansing: Erwin Lansing. And, Cristian you don't have your phone number in the -- under Who is (inaudible).

Cristian Hesselman: Actually it was in there, but it somehow disappeared.

Gabriella Schitteck: Cristian is not an official subscriber, so he's not officially subscribed.

Cristian Hesselman: Jacques, do you want to state your name for the record?

Jacques Latour: Jacques Latour, with Dot-CA.

Cristian Hesselman: Thanks.

Abibu Ntahigiye: Abibu from Dot TZ.

Cristian Hesselman: Hi, Abibu. Welcome.

Abibu Ntahigiye: Thank you.

Cristian Hesselman: So, at this point we are only missing Gihan (ph) and Fred. Okay. All right. Let's continue.

Erwin Lansing: I was going to suggest that I could also, after being subscribed to the list, add or change their name and telephone number through the Mailman (ph) interface, but that would require going back every now and then to check everybody has done that.

Cristian Hesselman: No. I would not do that, I would try to get it right from the start.

Erwin Lansing: Yeah.

Cristian Hesselman: Because then, if you do that, then it will probably mean more work for the Secretariat and -- well, that's something they were not really --

Erwin Lansing: Yeah.

Cristian Hesselman: They would prefer not to have additional work, I would say.

Gabriella Schitteck: Can I just add something; that I will probably give away this email list. We will have another person joining the ccNSO, just I think, 20% or something, but once we have this person, I will probably give the management -- hand over the management of the email list to this person.

Cristian Hesselman: Okay. All right. Thanks. So, okay -- so we -- those were the -- that was the issue with the Dot JP, trying to get them on the list, and then we had Dot TZ, I noticed that Dot TZ was on the list with a rule-based (ph) account. I'm looking at you Abibu, maybe you can expand on that a little bit, because you guys are on list with a rule-based account, it says something like, tech add, and Dot TZ. Abibu?

Abibu Ntahigiye: Yeah, yeah. This is the first (inaudible) -- the first -- if, say, an email address used by the technical people who are actually in the group.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah.

Abibu Ntahigiye: Yeah. So, instead of having individual email addresses, as we said, maybe to make it sustainable, either is recruited as the technical person, then he can use that email address; instead of on the (inaudible).

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Yeah. I understand that, but the thing is that, in the previous iteration of the TLD.OPS overview document, we decided that people on the list, need to be on the list with their personal accounts, and personal names and phone numbers.

Abibu Ntahigiye: I guess, we can modify it.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. So if you can -- could maybe (inaudible) -- to your folks back home to modify that, that would be great.

Abibu Ntahigiye: I can.

Cristian Hesselman: Okay. Thank you,

Gabriella Schittek: Also, I notice that there are two people subscribed to the same account, if they happen to share the same email address, and I think ideally that should be two different ones.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah.

Abibu Ntahigiye: Initially what I thought was, just making it sustainable, just the way we have admin contact, and technical contact for the Registry, but --

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. We discussed that, but then we decided that --

Abibu Ntahigiye: I could not recall it, this idea --

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Okay, that's no worry -- that's no problem.

Abibu Ntahigiye: (Inaudible).

Cristian Hesselman: If you could trigger them and change it, then that will be great.

Abibu Ntahigiye: Yeah. No problem. No problem. No problem.

Cristian Hesselman: Thank you. Thank you. Okay. All right. So then-- and we also had -- a change in topics a little bit, I think, but there was a discussion at some point about the number of SSCs, so the number of people per ccTLD on the list, so initially we set that to two, but there was a request from Brazil, I think, to add three people. So I'm kind of wondering how strict should we be there, and also, looking at Gaby here, because it might mean work -- more for you guys. So, I'm okay with either two or three, I would say not more than three; but I'm also looking at the Group for opinions.

Unidentified Participant: Three is okay, two is not enough.

Abibu Ntahigiye: Does the two include the validator. Like, I'm the Admin contact and I have two Security persons, so I don't count?

Gabriella Schittek: Just the --

Cristian Hesselman: SSC?

Gabriella Schittek: Yes. So I'm happy to change that to three, that's not a big deal.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. So can we agree that we allow three people per ccTLD? So three SSCs per ccTLD?

Gabriella Schittek: Yes. I think that needs to be updated somewhere, because I think it's really (inaudible).

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. It's in the document somewhere.

Gabriella Schittek: Yeah. Okay.

Cristian Hesselman: Okay. Three persons, okay. Thank you.

Abibu Ntahigiye: The limit is mostly set because of the work Gaby has to do --

Cristian Hesselman: Yes. That's why I was looking at Gaby (inaudible) --

Gabriella Schittek: But if I give --

Cristian Hesselman: Even if it's one go, even it's one go it's the same amount of work..

Gabriella Schitteck: Yeah. Exactly. And if I give away the work, I don't care.

Cristian Hesselman: All right. So we are going to allow a max of three people on the list.

Erwin Lansing: Three SSCs on the list.

Cristian Hesselman: Okay. And then the other issue with the membership of the list was the DNS.ORG, they are hosting the list, and they also propose, I think, Jacques, to be on the list, to check how things were going, but I don't that's what -- anyway, but your -- maybe you can expand on that a little bit.

Jacques Latour: Keith, from DNS.ORG, said he would like to be on the list to see if the list is working okay, or if there are any issues, but I think that nature of the list is security, and I think it makes -- for ccTLD, I don't think we should have outside people on this list, right? So I would agree --

Cristian Hesselman: I tend to agree with that. Yeah.

Gabriella Schitteck: You say we should not have?

Cristian Hesselman: We should not.

Gabriella Schitteck: So, yeah, I -- he's not on the list, so I should not subscribe him again, right?

Cristian Hesselman: No.

Gabriella Schitteck: Okay.

Cristian Hesselman: What do you think Erwin?

Erwin Lansing: I agree.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Abibu?

Abibu Ntahigiye: Okay.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah, Fred?

Abibu Ntahigiye: Yeah. I say that I agree.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Say, I agree. We'll tell you later what you agreed with. So, okay. So, Fred? Adding Keith, from DNS.ORG, on the mailing list. I don't think he should be on the list. So, do you agree with that?

Frederico Neves: (Inaudible) that the majority don't think we need anyone from DNS.ORG on the list. I think it's okay, because as long as we have one -- at least one of the administrators of the mailing list -- are subscribed to the list, and are members of the community, we are good.

Abibu Ntahigiye: So, Gaby, me, so far?

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Okay.

Abibu Ntahigiye: What would be the added value in having Keith on the list? Basically the decision should be based on having him, or not having him, what are the pros and cons?

Erwin Lansing: If I remember -- It's not working, this one.

Unidentified Participant: (Inaudible)

Erwin Lansing: Oh. If I remember the argument was they needed somebody from the (inaudible) of the system, should be on the list to make sure that the list is working, but I don't mind.

Cristian Hesselman: No. I don't see that, at least to be honest, so personally I would not do that. Okay? All right. So then we added -- I added a topic on the reminders that are being sent on the list, so we currently have two types of reminders, one is the reminder that Fred's script generates, so these are messages that are being sent out every month, on the list itself. And then there is the Mailman subscription reminder, which is actually generated by Mailman itself, and the first one is, group message being sent on the list, and the second one is an individual message sent by the Mailman server to each subscriber individually.

The question is how should we deal with these two reminders, should we only use one? Like the one that we -- so we at least need the one that Fred's script generates, but do we also need the other one, because the Mailman reminder also contains, say, subscribers password, and they get a reminder of that every month. So are there any specific opinions about that?

Abibu Ntahigiye: I don't think we need to receive this individual reminder, because actually, if you lose your password, I think we can actually put some instructions on the monthly-generated -- script-generated message on how to obtain your password if you actually need it.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Yeah. That's a good a point. Yeah. And we also don't want to overflow people with too many messages on the list. Okay. So actually I think this is how it should be permanently set up; right?

Gabriella Schitteck: I think I switched it off.

Erwin Lansing: Yeah. You switched off the Mailman reminders.

Gabriella Schitteck: Yeah, I think I did. But I have a question because at the moment the welcome message, because I changed the text of the welcome message, it doesn't generate a password anymore. And the welcome message, the Mailman would say; this is your password, and it doesn't anymore since we changed the message. And I emailed the address that Keith told me to email with questions, and that was over a week ago. I emailed him asking, well whatever, what shall we do, and I haven't had a reply. So I'm not sure how to handle this password thing.

Erwin Lansing: I think the solution is kind of easy, because on the TLD.OPS Options page, there is a button somewhere that says; Get Password. And then you would get an email with your password in it, so what we need to do, we need to include that information in the welcome message.

Gabriella Schitteck: Yeah. Okay.

Erwin Lansing: Then we are all set. And we can also include it in the message that your script generates, and then we should be all right.

Gabriella Schitteck: Okay. Great.

Abibu Ntahigiye: So we have agreed on the group message, right, and exclude the Mailman for (inaudible)?

Cristian Hesselman: Excuse me, Abibu?

Abibu Ntahigiye: For the reminders.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. So we are going to rely on the one that Fred Script generates, which will be sent on the list, like a regular message, so to speak. And we are going to disable the one that the Mailman generates.

Abibu Ntahigiye: Yes. Okay.

Cristian Hesselman: And we are going to include instructions in the welcome message, as well as the message sent by Fred Script on how to obtain your password as a subscriber.

Abibu Ntahigiye: Yes. Okay.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Okay. Thank you. So let me make a note here before I forget. Okay. Excellent. And then we have -- the other thing I put on the slide is, I notice that for some people, the messages that are being sent on the list are being caught by spam filters, I think that at least Jacques encountered that problem. And I think I'm also having that problem, because I haven't seen any scripted messages yet, unless they haven't been sent out yet, that could also be that.

Abibu Ntahigiye: I think they haven't because Jacques didn't hear back from ORG (ph) people, regarding the test of the scripts. Yeah?

Jacques Latour: No. They didn't get back to me yet on that. On the script. But they did say there shouldn't be a problem?

Abibu Ntahigiye: Okay.

Cristian Hesselman: Well, we still have, let's say, a couple weeks until the end of the month, but maybe you could monitor that a little bit.

Jacques Latour: At the same time, send me the email you sent them. And then I can follow up.

Gabriella Schitteck: But it's not really needed anymore, since we are going around that problem, so.

Cristian Hesselman: Okay. All right. Okay. And when we continue to the next point, so also, you know, related to what Gaby just said, maybe we need to add that customer support is available through Admin at DNS.Org.Net, but I need -- I kind of wonder now, what people would be asking DNS.Org, that's one question --

Jacques Latour: That's for us--

Cristian Hesselman: Excuse me?

Jacques Latour: That's for us as, kind of, the administrator of the system, if we have an issue we email DNS.Org -- Admin@DNS.ORG.

Cristian Hesselman: Oh. Okay. Okay. So we do not include that in any messages that are being sent on the list.

Jacques Latour: No.

Cristian Hesselman: Okay. Okay. Now I understand. Okay. Now I understand. Oh, because in one of your emails, Jacques, I read that sometimes people get an error that says; the server could not provide the -- could not provide that it is -- the security certificate is from dah-dah-dah.

Erwin Lansing: Okay. So in this instance, they are -- if you get the wrong SSL Certificate, then you should email Admin, that there's a DNS.ORG problem.

Cristian Hesselman: Okay. So that we need to include in the messages.

Erwin Lansing: Yeah.

Cristian Hesselman: Okay.

Erwin Lansing: But this one was just --

Cristian Hesselman: So what, the customer support bit we don't need to include in any messaging?

Erwin Lansing: It's the same on both screens as well.

Cristian Hesselman: Excuse me? It's the same on both screens, yeah. Saying that (inaudible) just now. Huh?

Erwin Lansing: Okay.

Jacques Latour: So we only -- we need to tell people to contact Admin at DNS.ORG if they get the wrong SSL Certificate, because we have multiple proxies and multiple servers, and they are not sure where they have a bad SSL Cert, so they'll want to track that, but --

Cristian Hesselman: Okay.

Jacques Latour: For Customer Support, that's for us?

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Okay. Got it. All right, and then last -- the last bullet item for the operational issues is -- The thing, actually, I was wondering, it's something that we haven't really talked about yet, I think, which is how do you, Gaby, record these kinds of things as the Secretariat? Do you keep the emails that you get from the IANA main contacts; that would be (inaudible)?

Gabriella Schitteck: I haven't, but I am happy to make a file and to process that, yeah,

Cristian Hesselman: Maybe the -- the question I'm trying to ask is basically for the group, is there something that we need to keep some sort of transcript? Do we need to keep some sort of record?

Gabriella Schitteck: We can do that. It's not an issue. I'll just create a file, and I'll file everything away. I haven't done this, so I'll start doing it now that --

Cristian Hesselman: Do you guys think it's going to be useful?

Unidentified Participant: Yeah.

Gabriella Schitteck: Okay.

Cristian Hesselman: Fred?

Frederico Neves: We have to take in account as well that the mailing list provides a lot of logs that could be (inaudible) --

Cristian Hesselman: Oh.

Erwin Lansing: That's a good point. That's a good point, yeah.

Frederico Neves: -- it might work as well. Yeah.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. But it will not provide the email messages, a log of the email messages that Gaby exchanges with the IANA contacts, for example; so you are making a very good point there. Yeah. Okay.

- Jacques Latour: But at least the log of transactions like, subscription, removal, and --?
- Cristian Hesselman: Yeah.
- Gabriella Schitteck: Is there anything I'll need to do.
- Cristian Hesselman: I don't think so.
- Jacques Latour: No. Not to do, but if we at least have some track record of what happened with the list. Yeah.
- Erwin Lansing: Well, if you send a notification to the mailing list every time there is a new member, then that's doing to get auto-recorded, and our entire event zipped and --
- Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Yeah. That's great. That's great. Okay? So that was the last bit on the operational issues. I propose we briefly go back to the agendas, because some of us weren't here when I showed the agenda, so -- because I'm also thinking that we might be -- we might not have enough time because we are already 25 minutes into the meeting. So I will propose at least to skip the action points for now, because this is something we can do during our next conference call. So we just discussed the daily offset as operational issues.
- Then there was a point raised by Jacques, who talked to, like TLD, I think, about kind of rules of engagement. So, what are the rules when you actually use the list. Maybe this is something that we could discuss. I think we should also briefly go through the status of the deliverables and decide on how to proceed there. Outreach activities, is that something we need to discuss, I think -- The roadmap, that is something we might want to defer for today, if we run out of time, because that might actually take some thinking and updating the final report.
- You guys agree? Okay. So we are going to skip action points, and also skip the roadmap, and then interaction with regional organizations, maybe that's something we should, briefly, try to address, and the planning, okay, we won't need a whole lot of time there, for the planning until ICANN 53. And then the community summary which is, potentially, something I can do when the meeting is already -- when we are finished. Okay. Let's see how far we can get.
- So, from top, let's go back to agenda item number four, which is, the rules of engagement. So, basically I just copied the text that you sent me, Jacques. So if a (inaudible) ccTLD sent out a cry for help, how can it be kept confidential and not Twittered (ph) -- I think that should be Twittered -- across the world.
- Jacques Latour: Twittered is French.
- Cristian Hesselman: Okay. I'm buying (inaudible).
- Erwin Lansing: So I think it's not a -- it's not on (inaudible) ccTLDs, it's people that are shy to communicate or reach out, so I think we need to have the rule of engagement like the Las Vegas Rule; now what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, what happens in SECIR stays in SECIR. And try to promote an environment where people are not afraid to say. I think I'm being (inaudible), help me. And then people can help people -- other people to figure out how to deal with issues and stuff, but the worst thing is that if somebody sees an email, and then they say, publicly, that this person or that organization is being attacked, and they don't know what they are doing, then it's going to break the trust in the mailing list.
- Cristian Hesselman: The trust in the -- Yeah. I totally agree. Yeah. So are there, like, standard -- you said, Las Vegas Rules, it's like a standard thing?
- Erwin Lansing: No. They invented that, but I think it's --

Cristian Hesselman: You just made that up. Okay.

Erwin Lansing: But I think it's the Chatham, the Chatham Rules?

Cristian Hesselman: Chatham?

Erwin Lansing: That or just good hygiene, or good (inaudible). Let me check.

Jacques Latour: Cristian, we should definitely have some -- very specific rules on expectations on people, for what you should -- have been the results of your posting on the mailing list. Like, I don't want this to be shared completely in the open; and so this must be clear to every single participant when -- he's signed up to the mailing list, and so I think we have to have some disclaimer in the subscription, or even on the monthly reminder.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Yeah. I agree.

Erwin Lansing: So when we send an email, does it add particulars, or refer to the message, and there we can add the disclaimer with the rules of engagement in there. You know, what happens here stays here, please be kind --

Cristian Hesselman: Personally I wouldn't call it a disclaimer, it's just something that we -- that you agree upon when you join the list. And I would also make it -- put it, you know, not all the way at the end, but maybe somewhere at the top, because it's something that's important. Anyway that's details but -- Maybe the way forward is that we -- for the next conference call we do some homework and try to figure out what kinds of rules would be applied -- would apply to the TLD.OPS list, and then if we all agree on that, then basically modify the welcome message, and basically the message that the script generates, and we should be good. You guys agree with that? Yeah? Okay.

Script the message. Okay. Got it. All right. Excellent!

So then the next agenda item would be the deliverables of the Working Group. So this table shows which deliverables we defined in the Charter in the SECIR Charter, there is actually three, and I think that the TLD.OPS overview document that we produce, basically handles the first three, so that's the operational mailing list, of course; the membership management, basically that's the procedure that we came up with to subscribe people to the list, and the instructions manual, and I think that's already interwoven or integrated into the overview document, because it contains how you -- it describes how people can get on the list.

So with that, I think that we have one deliverable left, which is the final report, and that's something we've also been working on, you know. It's a currently a Version 0.8, but we need to update it because large parts of the TLD.OPS overview document are currently still in the final report, so we need to somehow remove that, and then refer back to the overview document.

Oh, okay, the next slide says what I just explained. Yeah.

So what we said is that the final report of the Working Group should include an overview of the work areas, outreach results, and a service roadmap. So, my proposal here is that we try to -- basically try to wrap up the Working Group by the next ICANN meeting. So, set that as our ambition, our goal. And if we all agree on that, then if we try to plug that in time, then I think that we should produce the final report around late May, because the next ICANN meeting is in the middle of June, I think. So that's three months from that -- three months from now. A bit more. Three-and-a-half? So that should not be a problem, I think.

And my proposal would also be that the main parts of the final report would contain an evaluation of the TLD.OPS list, so how many ccTLDs are on the list at that point, so that will be late May, and also maybe, but this is something that we will need to detail, how do people perceive the

added value of the list, because we had a similar survey in the previous Working Group, CIR (ph) Working Group, that's also when we'll carry out the survey, so it might be interesting to do that again, in a light-weight form, to see how people will actually perceive the list, and that's the (inaudible).

Yes, please? Could you state our name, please.

Gihan Dias: Sorry. Gihan Dias(.lk) from Dot.LK (.lk) in Sri Lanka. I think we also need to make sure that we get a total awareness, and get more people on this list.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. I'll come to that later on.

Andre Hernandez: Okay.

Cristian Hesselman: That's a separate agenda item. Thank you.

Jacques Latour: I guess we could also contain a few questions about proposals on what to add and how much they want to pay for it.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Yeah, Jacques.

Jacques Latour: Somewhat the same question as the list here --

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. But this is something we will need to, you know, detail in the next few months, so we don't have to come up with all the questions here. What I'm supposing here, is the way forward for the next few months, so I'll just check we are all on the same page. So the other part, I think, of the final report would be the roadmaps, or the roadmaps towards the (inaudible) on an OPS-Trust-based system. Maybe also an evaluation of the Working Group itself, so maybe, what went well, what should we improve in the future.

And also some background information, and that's basically the information that's currently in the draft version of the final report. So what kind of design decisions that we may make? Why did we set up the list the way we did, and that sort of thing. Right? So that's basically, because I think we could think of that as an appendix to TLD.OPS overview document. So I think that shouldn't be a whole lot of work.

Unidentified Participant: Just one point sentence; because we are lazy and efficient.

Erwin Lansing: Well, that sounds good. Maybe we should --

Unidentified Participant: (Inaudible) is paying us.

Cristian Hesselman: Maybe we should make that the title of the document; we are lazy and efficient. So my proposal would be to actually finalize a second and fourth item by the end of this month, I think that's doable, because we are already quite far with the draft report, and the other two bits, so that the evaluation bits would then be scheduled for the end of May. Okay? Are we okay with that?

I'm just proposing here, right, so if you guys think it's no good, then please let me know. Yeah? We should be doing all right. Are we good? Do you agree? Yeah? Good. Thank you.

Jacques Latour: Cristian -- Cristian, I don't know if it's up to us to decide regarding the -- actually what I think would be a better evaluation after at least, I don't know, six months, one year of operation, because this one would be a really short one just to actually -- to evaluate the process, and of the function -- the initial function of the mailing list, but not actually the use of emails, of all those process, that should -- but anyway, I don't think it's up to us or at least not in our -- in the short term.

- Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. I understand your point. Yeah. I'm not sure how to handle that, to be honest.
- Erwin Lansing: I had another idea with -- in the report -- in the report we should have examples of things we want to communicate on the mailing list, and then try to, like -- I know sometimes we get brute-force attack on our Web interface, and it's very specific for ccTLD, and that shows this is the kind of information to give the heads-up warning to other CCs that, you know, this might be coming, or that might be coming, and that might create a lot of traction on the mailing list, and some sort of awareness of security issues, that might impact others.
- Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Okay, I would propose to at least have the -- say, a light-weight evaluation at the end of May, and then maybe do another one in a year's time, or something, that's what you are saying? Right, Erwin?
- Erwin Lansing: Yeah.
- Cristian Hesselman: Okay. Then, we are moving on to outreach activities. So the question here is, it's actually pretty much open. What kind of outreach activities do we envision until the next ICANN meeting, in order to get as many ccTLDs on the list as possible. So I think we already thought of two, which is to develop a two-pager that we can actually, you know, hand out, to organize a webinar in two different time zones, but there might be more. You know, just off the top of my head, we could develop -- could have, let's say, stickers (ph) print -- it's like a 911 print, a sticker before, you know, TLD -- ccTLD emergency response, we could provide a Z-Corp (ph) that would enable ccTLD people to download, let's say, the contact details of the mailing list, into their homes for example, so that they could easily send an email to it.
- And, you know, somewhat more advanced scenario, we could even think of a TLD.OPS app, which would be able to automatically generate these WHO emails, and also show the Mailman reply and that sort of thing, but that might be quite difficult and expensive, but okay. Just a couple of initial ideas, so I was wondering what you guys think of that? Abibu?
- Abibu Ntahigiye: Yeah. I was thinking that since we are dealing with the ccTLDs, maybe we can plan some communication with the regional top-level domain organizations.
- Cristian Hesselman: Oh. Yeah. That's a good one.
- Abibu Ntahigiye: For instance, that during this meeting, basically it's today, all the regional top-level domain organizations will be meeting at 17:30, for a discussion --
- Cristian Hesselman: At what?
- Abibu Ntahigiye: -- of a number of issues.
- Cristian Hesselman: Today?
- Abibu Ntahigiye: Yeah, yeah. Today. But if the same information of the briefing is communicated to the organization, the regional organization, then it would be easy to communicate further down to the ccTLD.
- Cristian Hesselman: Yeah?
- Abibu Ntahigiye: Yeah. During various events within the regions.
- Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. So what we currently have is a presentation tomorrow during the ccNSO Day, which is actually a summary of the work that we carried out, and then each of us is also liaising with their regional organization, so maybe that's something that we should somehow set up.

Abibu Ntahigiye: Yeah. What I will do today during that meeting, I will try to send a message to the Regional Top-Level Domain organization, and the good thing for me, for the case of ex-TLD (tz) -- I mean the (inaudible), it will be easy to send out the message. Yeah.

Cristian Hesselman: And perhaps we could also --

Abibu Ntahigiye: That's just one approach.

Cristian Hesselman: -- also reuse that mailing list, you offer it because it --

Unidentified Participant: It's the same list that Gaby brought (inaudible) --

Cristian Hesselman: Oh, okay. I'm sorry, Okay.

Unidentified Participant: Our TLD list. Yeah, we'll be meeting -- 5:30 I think.

Unidentified Participant: Yes, 5:30.

Cristian Hesselman: 5:30 today?

Unidentified Participant: Today.

Abibu Ntahigiye: It's the same list that you -- I forwarded your message.

Cristian Hesselman: Yes. Okay.

Abibu Ntahigiye: And we got some feedback from there. Yeah?

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. I'm going to show that now.

Abibu Ntahigiye: Oh. Okay.

Cristian Hesselman: At least I have it somewhere in the slide.

Abibu Ntahigiye: That's also -- we have the APTLD meeting coming up in Fukuoka, in a couple of weeks, if anybody would be around that could organize -- do a slot to give a talk on this.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. We have Ghenga (ph) from -- he's with dot-TW, Taiwan, who is, let's say, from the AP Region in the Working Group.

Abibu Ntahigiye: Okay. Who is from TW, name -- what's the name?

Cristian Hesselman: It's Geng-Da Tsai (tw), I'm not sure if I pronounced that correctly.

Abibu Ntahigiye: Okay. She's a lady, right?

Cristian Hesselman: Excuse me?

Abibu Ntahigiye: It's a man or woman?

Cristian Hesselman: It's a guy?

Abibu Ntahigiye: A guy. Okay. Sorry. So, he'll be there in Fukuoka?

Cristian Hesselman: Actually, I don't know if he's there but he's -- let's say, he's the person in the Working Group that's in the AP Region.

Abibu Ntahigiye: Okay. So if anyone is going to be there, I could arrange a slot for -- to talk about this?

Cristian Hesselman: Okay. And this meeting is when?

Abibu Ntahigiye: The 26th and 27th of this month, in Fukuoka. Let's say -- Except I think TLD --

Cristian Hesselman: The 26th and 27th. All right. So maybe we should send an email to -- I will do that, I will send an email to Geng-Da (tw), to check, if there is somebody from Dot TW, perhaps, that's going to be there. That's a good point. Thank you.

Erwin Lansing: Or maybe you give us your business card, and we send you the slide deck.

Abibu Ntahigiye: Yeah. That will be the --

Unidentified Participant: I would love that.

Abibu Ntahigiye: If you could send me the slide deck, I could present it, that's fine.

Unidentified Participant: As a backup, as again, those (inaudible).

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. That's a good point; Thank you.

Unidentified Participant: The delegation --

Abibu Ntahigiye: There was (inaudible) -- there is a security meeting at the CENTR Jamboree?

Cristian Hesselman: I'm going to the CENTR Jamboree, so I'm guessing you are as well.

Abibu Ntahigiye: I'm probably not staying for Wednesday at the Security Meeting, so.

Cristian Hesselman: Okay. I can do that.

Unidentified Participant: And I'll be there too.

Cristian Hesselman: Okay. So I think that the CENTR meeting is pretty much covered here. So the CENTR, that's going to be Erwin, Jacques, Cristian. Okay. And maybe in parallel, Fred, you can -- if we, let's say, developed the two-pager, or something like that, you can forward that on the list we just talked about.

Frederico Neves: Okay.

Cristian Hesselman: Because the list we -- the list you used is basically the -- all the original organizations, right? So it's the CENTR --

Jacques Latour: Regional Organization Boards.

Cristian Hesselman: Boards, yeah.

Jacques Latour: And managers.

Cristian Hesselman: And managers, yes.

- Erwin Lansing: So maybe I should make it into a question. Is it useful, you think, to create a two-pager and send that document to these --?
- Abibu Ntahigiye: I think the two-pager should go to the ccTLD Managers' Mailing List.
- Jacques Latour: Yes. Probably, yes.
- Cristian Hesselman: Okay. Okay.
- Erwin Lansing: But one of the reasons you should send to the regional organizations is that in some sense, it reaches more CCs, because not all the CCs are on the ccNSO, and so on.
- Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Okay. So, we'll send the two-pager to all the ccTLD managers; ccNSO and non-ccNSO. Okay? Okay. Let's start with that, and maybe we should also think about setting up a webinar, because that's kind of low effort I think, because we already have the presentation material, and if we have two speakers, so I can do the time zone that would be more suitable for Europe, and maybe somebody else can do the time zone that's Asia Pacific, or something like that.
- Unidentified Participant: Yeah.
- Cristian Hesselman: So, for now, shall we decide on the two-pager in the webinar?
- Unidentified Participant: Yeah. For sure, yeah.
- Cristian Hesselman: Okay.
- Erwin Lansing: Or we like the idea of the fee card, but I think it's going to be too difficult to implement in Version 1, that means we have to be really, really sure that everyone produces the same format when putting in their email address and name, et cetera, and then the Mailman into that.
- Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Yeah.
- Unidentified Participant: Or actually the list is also set up in increasing level of complexity so -- Or, the sticker (inaudible) is somewhat doubtful though.
- Cristian Hesselman: Okay. So let's start off with the two-pager and the webinar. All right. So we have 15 minutes left, so we are going to skip the roadmap, that's what we just decided on. This is a -- So the other topic that's on the agenda, it will be interaction with regional organizations, how are we going to approach that, in addition to the outreach activities to those organizations. So this is a summary of the information I received from an email that I sent on the list; actually that Fred sent on the list, which I asked Fred to send on the list of -- the Regional Organization Board Members, which he did -- he kindly did back in November somewhere.
- So the response is -- I got is actually -- I got a response from APTLD, and they indicated that they tried this, they tried something similar in 2007, but there was no interest. So they actually didn't follow up on that. I also received information from LAC TLD, and that's the stuff in the right-most column. So, they also have a mailing list, but I think the key change -- the key difference with the mailing list that we set up is that, if you are a member of that mailing list and you want to know who else is on the mailing list, then you need to ask LAC TLD, so you cannot do that yourself, apparently.
- And other than that, there is -- actually quite a few similarities. Then there is also a similar list being developed by CENTR, and it's actually tentative information that I put in there, because I'm not sure if it's all correct. And they actually have two mechanisms in place at this point, which is -- one is what they call Who is Who, which is basically the contained -- the information about people that are with CENTR, so that's including marketing people and people from, you know, financial

services and whatever else, so it's everybody, not only the security and stability contacts, and it also requires a log on. So you need to log on to the CENTR website. Go to the Tool, then type in the person you want, and then hope he or she is in there.

So that's actually different, and what they are doing now is they are setting up a separate mailing list, but under development I understood, to exchange actual incident information, and what they are planning to do is also add encryption facilities to it, as far as I understood. Which is something that we don't have yet. And for AFTLD I didn't get any information, I'm afraid, so I don't have that yet.

And so this is basically the state of play. I think at the very least we should include this in the final report, to indicate that we investigated what the regional organizations are doing. And a while ago, we also had this picture, which is no longer really current, but the thing that we -- I think what's important is -- which one is it? This one, so there's going to be sending security and stability contacts who -- him or herself decides whether or not he wants to use the messaging service or mailing list of the regional organization, or if that person wants to use the OPS TLD list. And then one thing that we may want to discuss is whether or not there should be a link between the two. I'm not sure, so maybe you guys have an opinion about that.

So, in this picture, this is a draft of course, there is the message you sent on the Global Mailing List, on the TLD.OPS lists, would also be forwarded to regional organizations, but not the other way around.

- Erwin Lansing: The issue I have with that is, only members of TLD.OPS can send to TLD.OPS.
- Cristian Hesselman: Yes.
- Erwin Lansing: So if you cross both messages, and somebody replies back, they can't?
- Cristian Hesselman: No.
- Erwin Lansing: So cross-messaging is --
- Cristian Hesselman: No. Yeah, we can also decide, okay, that there's going to be no cross-posting at this point, so there's not going to be any interaction between the mailing lists. What do you think, Erwin? What's your opinion?
- Erwin Lansing: I don't know --
- Cristian Hesselman: Fred?
- Erwin Lansing: I think there is not really anything going on in the regional organization that requires any rule-setting right now.
- Cristian Hesselman: Okay.
- Erwin Lansing: So probably you should say, no cross-posting, would be good enough.
- Cristian Hesselman: Okay. Fred?
- Frederico Neves: In my opinion, we should have no cross-posting at all actually, because -- especially because we are trying to improve the trust among the members. If you start to -- in the beginning already forward messages show lists that are not completely covered by the current members, or the people that are here trying to build trust, I think this would undermine the process.
- Cristian Hesselman: Yeah.

Erwin Lansing: Exactly. It starts with secure by default, meaning, no cross-posting.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Abibu, any opinions? Don't forget your mic.

Abibu Ntahigiye: I think cross-posting would have been reasonable if the -- all regional communication systems were in place and effective.

Unidentified Participant: Hmm!

Abibu Ntahigiye: So maybe for the beginning that should not be, but --

Erwin Lansing: So not initially, but maybe in the future?

Abibu Ntahigiye: Maybe in the future, once there is regional communications in place, and on the Wiki.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Yeah. That's always a good argument, yeah. Okay. So let's decide not to do any cross posting for these two reasons. One, is that it might undermine the trust in the current TLD.OPS Group, and that maybe in the future that, when the other regional organizations have sufficient, you know, facilities to, potentially, allow for cross-posting we might look into it again.

Okay. Cool. Okay, that's what we just did. The discussion on this interaction thing. All right. Planning until ICANN 53, what's the work ahead? What do we plan to finish when, and who will be responsible for what?

Unidentified Participant: (Inaudible)?

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. It's over here somewhere. Oop. This one. Yeah. So that means finishing the SECIR Roadmap by the end of this month, which should be quite doable. Also finishing the background information, which should be doable as well. And then do the evaluation and outreach activities which are not on this schedule yet.

Erwin Lansing: And continue to subscribe more TLDs?

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Please. That's a good point. Thanks for reminding me on that. Okay. Maybe it's a better approach to -- that I propose -- I make a short planning for the next month, rather than discussing it here at the table. So that's going to be planning subscribers, outreach, and the final report. Yeah. I think those are the main work streams. Okay? Let me check where we are. So, and that would be planning, community summary. So what can we share with the community?

Erwin Lansing: Do we have a functional system?

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. I already reported on that in the previous community summary. I can reemphasize it of course. Yeah. Functional -- Basically we are done. We are just wrapping up.

Unidentified Participant: Yeah. We have a proven system.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. And basically we should perhaps say that we have a functional system, like Jacques proposed. And then, that we are now adding -- going to add, say, ccTLDs for real, if you will.

Erwin Lansing: We are fine-tuning the framework?

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. At least we are onboarding?

Gabriella Schitteck: If anyone would ask what's -- the order we are adding them in, I think my plan was to go to the IANA list in alphabetical order, basically.

Erwin Lansing: Sounds good to me.

Cristian Hesselman: And you said -- I was writing sorry -- Fine-tuning the framework?

Erwin Lansing: Yes. Fine-tuning framework for onboarding, for subscription, for validation, for all of the messaging, communication.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. And we are planning outreach activities. And finalizing the -- well not finalizing, but at least finalizing the roadmap in the final report. And what else? I forgot -- oops -- Okay, now I'm lost -- And the background information. Okay. This is community summary. All right, I'll probably send that out somewhere tonight or tomorrow.

All right. So, let's go back to the agenda. I think we have one final topic, which is any other business, so maybe we should make a round. Fred, any other business you would like to discuss?

Frederico Neves; No.

Cristian Hesselman: Okay. Gaby?

Gabriella Schitteck: Actually I do wonder what to do with the Japan situation. If I don't get a reply, what am I going to do?

Cristian Hesselman: Maybe you should -- maybe you could send them a reminder saying that we need the information, the names and the phone numbers, because otherwise we cannot add you to the list.

Gabriella Schitteck: Yeah. So just remind them of what I already said -- told them. And if I don't -- still don't get that, should I just not add them?

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah, that would be the consequence.

Gabriella Schitteck: Mm-hmm. I will talk to our -- contact in Japan maybe he can do something.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah.

Jacques Latour: And they (inaudible)?

Cristian Hesselman: They can contact you and -- me and you, and we can go back to them and ask why they don't want to reply.

Jacques Latour: All right. Yeah.

Cristian Hesselman: So that's a good point. So, Gaby, if it doesn't work out then maybe you can also forward them to me or to Jacques, and we can actually have a discussion with them.

Gabriella Schitteck: I can also talk to Hiro, who is our contact. He is not the Admin contact, but I'm sure he can sort it out.

Cristian Hesselman: Okay. Okay. That's perfect. Thank you. Okay. Thanks, Gaby. Erwin?

Erwin Lansing: I was just going to mention that we had a long discussion earlier about Keith not being in the mailing list.

Cristian Hesselman: Mm-hmm.

Erwin Lansing: But since the list is unencrypted and archived, or still has access to the content of the messages, just so people are aware of, that they do have that.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah.

Erwin Lansing: The only option would be to actually turn off the archive.

Cristian Hesselman: No. But the thing is that, when you send a WHO message to the list, for example, then you also see that Keith is on the list. And that might undermine the trust that we just talked about.

Gabriella Schitteck: Yeah.

Unidentified Participant: Well now, it's not clear that he accessed or can read it. Otherwise it would be clear that he could read because he's on the list.

Cristian Hesselman: Okay. Yeah.

Erwin Lansing: But the DNS.ORG is a trusted entity, so I'm not worried about that.

Unidentified Participant: I'm not worried, I'm just saying people should put it -- and are aware of it, but I think it's just for people to know what kind of information they want to share on the list.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. Yeah.

Gabriella Schitteck: Can I just say that, when I'm sending out the emails on who is on the list, at the moment, I always delete you, and you and --

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah, I saw that.

Gabriella Schitteck: And I do that on purpose because you are not official -- not officially there.

Cristian Hesselman: No. No.

Gabriella Schitteck: So I haven't -- Abibu, and I think you, and --

Erwin Lansing: And maybe you should remove, let's say, everybody who is not an SSC, in the Working Group, maybe you should remove them from the list, after the Singapore meeting.

Gabriella Schitteck: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. So that it doesn't cause any confusion right now, I have just removed you from the communications for the new ones. Do you understand?

Cristian Hesselman: No?

Gabriella Schitteck: Well, because they don't know that, you already just said, you are not there officially, right? And I think Abibu, and I think Gheng-Da. I'm not sure about you, (inaudible), I think now you are official -- so whenever I have been -- sending out the email list of who is subscribed to this list, I have not added -- I've taken away you, and you, and you --

Cristian Hesselman: Yes. I understand.

Gabriella Schitteck: -- because you are not there officially, so just to avoid the confusion, I took you out.

Cristian Hesselman: You already -- Okay, you took it out of the message.

Gabriella Schitteck: Yes. I took that out.

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. I understood that. But my point is that, please just unsubscribe us form the list, after the Singapore Meeting.

Gabriella Schittek: Okay. I'm happy to.

Cristian Hesselman: Fred?

Frederico Neves: Just a question. I saw something on the agenda, but I got in late. Sorry. And the number of members for CC, have we decided -- took a decision here, already on that?

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah. I'm sure, because that was one of -- because you guys preferred to be on the list with three people, so that's one (inaudible) why we increased the limit to three.

Unidentified Participant: Oh, okay.

Cristian Hesselman: Just for you guys. You know, we increased for all ccTLDs except Dot.BR (ph), right?

Erwin Lansing: Also we are setting the maximum to three?

Cristian Hesselman: Yeah.

Erwin Lansing: Okay.

Cristian Hesselman: So Erwin, thank you. Jacques, anything else?

Jacques Latour: Just to add something.

Cristian Hesselman: Right now? Let's go on --

Jacques Latour: Now I quit smoking two years ago.

Cristian Hesselman: Really?

Jacques Latour: Exactly.

Cristian Hesselman: Good for you. Now I take that smoking (inaudible) -- or?

Jacques Latour: No.

Cristian Hesselman: All right. good.

Jacques Latour: I had something else, I've forgotten. I don't think it's too important.

Cristian Hesselman: Thanks. Abibu?

Abibu Ntahigiye: No. I don't have anything more.

Cristian Hesselman: Okay. Thank you. All right, so I don't have anything, myself, either. So one minute late, so we are quite on time. So, thank you, everybody, Working Group Members, and also Observers; thank you very much for your feedback and comments. So, thank you. Bye-bye.