RE: Contact handles disappearing mysteriously from the whois database! (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 14:03:09 -0700
From: Derrick Bennett <Derrick@anei.COM>
To: NANOG
Subject: RE: Contact handles disappearing mysteriously from the whois      database!

Seeing as how my main technical contact was completly missing from Internic
I called them.
I was told by their helpdesk that Whois is being updated and will be
unreliable and/or useless
until sometime next week after May 1.
I was told that their database is fine and that all the information is there
and I should just
trust them that all would be okay.
They did not have an answer as to why they did not announce this before hand
or gave warning as to the length of the outage.
Also I must note that I had to go to bigyellow.com to find their phone
number as they seemed to have removed it completely from their new website
and the "about" portion of their site is forwarded to a black hole.

just my .02 and frustration.

Derrick Bennett