Re: Contact handles disappearing mysteriously from the whois database! (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 20:48:53 -0400
From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol@nacs.net>
To: NANOG
Subject: Re: Contact handles disappearing mysteriously from the whois database!

On Tue, Apr 27, 1999 at 05:10:02PM -0700, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

>As for as the rest of NSI screw-ups, go to one of the InterNIC lists. A
>number of us keep telling NSI that the vampire-shift janitorial staff are
>NOT system admins. They don't listen. The point is that I would charge most
>of the last years FUBARs off to incompetance, rather than Machiavellian
>mechanations. To do otherwise gives way more credit than is deserved.

Regardless of the reason the FUBARs happen, I have tried discussing some of
them with some of the people who supposedly can make decisions. Sometimes
the discussions are productive, but nothing ever seems to happen. Sometimes I
get yelled at for insinuating that NSI could possibly be less than perfect.

--
Steven J. Sobol - Tech Support Guru, Abuse Desk Guy, Bill Gates Lookalike
New Age Consulting Service, Inc. http://www.nacs.net/