A Right to Privacy

To whom it may concern:

I think it would be a good idea if people could register Internet Domain
Names without any public record of who they are. I can't see that there is
really a justifiable need for any public access to a whois database.

Any form of an Internet Domain Naming system should allow for anonymous
Internet Domain Name registration. This would go a long way toward
protecting individual privacy on the Internet.

I know from the junk mail that I receive that many, if not all, of my Domain
Names have had my personal information harvested from the Internic database.
I for one am tired of this. I want to minimize unwelcome correspondence.

Privacy is my right.

My participation on the Internet using a Domain Name should not require me
to give up my privacy.

John D. Goodspeed