[Comment-Aso] IPv8 Address Assignments for IPv6

As ICANN sorts out all of the various people that are
going to try to turn the IPv6 address space into their
own private gold mines, I suggest that people keep
in mind the following points:

1. The IPv6 address space is larger than anyone can
imagine but it has already been made very small by
those seeking to carry their IPv4 scarce resource and
high-priced IP address policies to the IPv6 world.

2. It does not take rocket scientists to assign IP addresses
contrary to what people try to tell you. The primary job is
to make sure that two parties do not get the same block
of address space. It is about as complex as an airline
stewardess making sure people are not in the same seats.

3. Routing is a separate issue from assignment. The
registries state that they do not guarantee routing. Routing
is often cited as one of the reasons why people claim an
expert "clerk" is required to make the assignments. What
people do not understand is why the clerk needs to give
people the third degree and try to learn everything they
can about the person's business just to get a simple block
of addresses.

Given this, the IPv8 and IPv16 plan is to pre-assign huge
allocations to the various TLD "communities" to then do with
as they please.This does not dictate a business plan but it
does recognize that address assignment could easily be a
small low-cost or no-cost side-line for most companies involved
in the domain registration business.

Unlike IPv6, IPv8 and IPv16 do not suffer from the IPv6 Privacy
Problem which ICANN and the Regional Registries are apparently
not concerned about. That problem is described in more detail
below. It is basically similar to the Pentium Serial Number problem.
In the case of IPv6, your packets will be tagged with an ID tied to
your computer. This will describe the manufacturer, model, etc.
Also, if you buy a system from someone, you could be buying their
"reputation" on the net. BE CAREFUL

The way that IPv8 and IPv16 get around the privacy problem is by
using the right-most 64 bits of the IPv6 address fields for addressing.
More detail of that is shown here:

http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/address.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/headers.gif
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
http://www.icann.org/comments-mail/icann-current/msg00342.html

In summary, IPv8 divides its address space into 2,048 Internets
which are EACH as large as the current IPv4 Internet which has
been around for over 30 years and still has plenty of addresses left.
IPv16 expands on this theme. That will be described later when needed.

JF