[Comment-Dnso] RE: ISP Constituency DNSO

Hello Esther,

While your stated goals are admirable,
they are not sufficient.

As I've written to you before, the timing
of the formation of these constituencies
is critical.

If only a handful get approved initially,
then *they* will determine the policies
for the entire DNSO via the Names Council.

How will the ICANN Board address this
potentially biased outcome.

Jay.

At 04:58 PM 5/9/99 , Esther Dyson wrote:
>We understand your concerns.  But as you say below,  we are looking  for
>"sectorial self-regulation and organization." If it is lacking, we will take
>what steps are necessary to ensure that each constituency is appropriately
>open - or that there is am "opposite" constituency to balance it.
>
>Esther
>
>At 10:12 AM 07/05/99 +0200, Manuel Hurtado wrote:
>>Dear Esther,
>>
>>What we meant is that the draft was not out for the public comment before May
>>3rd. If it had been there and had been commented and negociated, as other
>>drafts for other constituencies have been, the ISP community might have
>>reached and agreement that is now very difficult. This attitude has palced
>>us in a very difficult situation, as there is no time to present
>>"competing" drafts, which we do not believe is a good solution either.
>>
>>I will try to attend the Berlin meeting, but I am against on-site
>>negotiations, as they would exclude most of the ISP community. The ISP
>>constituency should follow and open and transparent process similar to the
>>one that has been followed by other constituencies. It is painfull to see
>>that this proposal forces ICANN to be the one to decide, instead of allowing
>>sectorial self-regulation and organization. If we have read the ICANN
>>chapter correctly, ICANN can not accept a constituency that has not followed
>>that process and that clearly does not represent the community is has been
>>called to represent. ICANN should assure that and agreement is reached by
>>the professional ISP community, not allowing capture by a handfull of
>>organizations.
>>
>>Manuel Hurtado
>>President
>>ISP Commission
>>ASIMELEC-www.asimelec.es

Respectfully,

Jay Fenello
President, Iperdome, Inc.    404-943-0524
What's your .per(sm)?   http://www.iperdome.com