[Comment-Dnso] Re: NCDNHC Application and Information Form - Another "Sister" organization of the ISOC

Jeff,

Thanks for your comment.
In our application we wrote:

> [...]
association which is already a NCDNHC member, we feel we have good reasons
to partecipate directly in the NCDNHC. If this is explictly barred by
NCDNHC by-laws, or felt not convenient by a large number of other members
of this constituency, please let us know.<<<<<

Our point is that local groups should have a way to partecipate directly to
global Internet governance.
Any further comment is welcome
Thank Regards mario

At 17.01 26/08/99 +0100, Jeff Williams wrote:
> [...]
>> institutions, private companies and any other body or entity in Italy or
>> the European Community respects and upholds the independence and
>> self-governance of the Internet community.
>> Article 6.
>> Initiatives and Events
>> 1. The "Società Internet" organises and co-operates in the organisation of
>> activities and events - including but not limited to conventions, seminars
>> and schools, product and technology exhibitions, acquisition, publishing
>> and distribution of information and news, prize givings and competitions -
>> that may be of general interest to the public and that may stimulate to
>> access to, use, development, knowledge and management of the Internet.
>> Article 7.
>> Expression of Opinions
>> 1. The "Società Internet" shall express informed opinions in public, which
>> may be evaluations, comments, proposals, views, criticisms and
>> disagreements, relating to: events, situations, and practices; to the
>> drafting of treaties, agreements, charters, resolutions or other
>> expressions of international will; to regulations, laws, directives; to
>> decisions and acts both of the executive and of the judiciary bodies; to
>> the development, drafting, adoption and evaluation of standards and
>> protocols; to the development and management of technological,
>> administrative and management infrastructures that may be relevant within
>> Italy or the European Community relating to access to, use, development,
>> knowledge and management of the Internet.
>> Wherever such opinions concern questions involving the European Community,
>> the "Società Internet" shall seek to have a common view with other Chapters
>> of the Internet Society" within the European Community.
>>

>> 3.  Please furnish a statement of how the Organization's purposes and
>> activities conform to the NCDNHC Constituency's goals and membership
>> requirements. This should be a narrative statement which specifically
>> describes the Organization's purposes and activities and may include
>> references to charter or by-law provisions.
>>
>> >From our Statute:
>> Article 2
>> General Principles and Goals
>> 1. The "Società Internet" shares the same principles, goals and mission as
>> the Internet Society.
>> [see at http://www.iosc.org]
>> 2. The "Società Internet" shall act mainly within Italy's frontiers where
>> it shall promote the knowledge and use of, and technological, cultural
>> social and economic development of Internet. ......
>> 3. The "Società Internet" shall defend the right of every individual,
>> association, or social entity to have access to the Internet and shall
>> oppose any discriminatory use or management of the Internet..
>> 4. The "Società Internet" shall represent the interests and needs of the
>> Italian users of the Internet vis-à-vis the international Internet
>> community and shall promote the use of the Italian language on the
Internet.

leave-ncdnhc-discuss-1799I@lyris.isoc.org

leave-ncdnhc-discuss-2125K@lyris.isoc.org