From: Judith Oppenheimer [mailto:joppenheimer@icbtollfree.com]
Sent: Friday, October 08, 1999 11:48 AM
To: wg-b@dnso.org; comment-udrp@icann.org
Subject: [wg-b] technical charter, no broader authority

"Our charter is essentially technical and limited to a very focused area."
......... Esther Dyson, Interim Chair, ICANN, October 4, 1999 (quote in
Tele.com)

"ICANN has neither the authority nor the resources to be a consumer
protection
agency, and in any event there are existing protections for abuses ... such
as
better business bureaus, trade commissions, etc in most of the countries in
which domain name activity is present."
 ......... Mike Roberts, Interim President/CEO, ICANN, October 5, 1999
(email
message)

--
Judith Oppenheimer, 1 800 The Expert, 212 684-7210
mailto:joppenheimer@icbtollfree.com