RE: [wg-b] technical charter, no broader authority

I must be missing something. I took Mike's comments to be about dealing with
consumer fraud, and would strongly support his statement. What am I missing
-----Original Message-----
From: Judith Oppenheimer [mailto:joppenheimer@icbtollfree.com]
Sent: Friday, October 08, 1999 11:48 AM
To: wg-b@dnso.org; comment-udrp@icann.org
Subject: [wg-b] technical charter, no broader authority

"Our charter is essentially technical and limited to a very focused area."
......... Esther Dyson, Interim Chair, ICANN, October 4, 1999 (quote in

"ICANN has neither the authority nor the resources to be a consumer
agency, and in any event there are existing protections for abuses ... such
better business bureaus, trade commissions, etc in most of the countries in
which domain name activity is present."
 ......... Mike Roberts, Interim President/CEO, ICANN, October 5, 1999

Judith Oppenheimer, 1 800 The Expert, 212 684-7210
Publisher of ICB Toll Free News: http://icbtollfree.com
Publisher of WhoSells800.com: http://whosells800.com
Moderator TOLLFREE-L: http://www.egroups.com/group/tollfree-l/info.html
President of ICB Consultancy: http://JudithOppenheimer.com