[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
To the ICANN Board:
Comments and confirmation on “Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution
Policy” and “Rules for Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy”
published on the web-site of ICANN on September 29, 1999.
1. Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy
(1) Paragraph 4. Mandatory Administrative Proceeding.
The term “and” in Paragraph 4(a)(iii) should be replaced with “or” in
order to remove “cyber squatter” from domain name registration.
(2) I would like to confirm in Paragraph 3, what does “We will cancel,
transfer or otherwise make changes to domain name registrations…” mean?
2. Rules for Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy
(1) Rule 7. Impartiality and Independence
If circumstances exist that could give rise to justifiable doubt as to
the impartiality or independence of the Panelist, the Complainant and
the Respondent should be able to raise an objection to that Panelist.
(Please refer to Article 12 in Annex V of Final Report of the WIPO
Internet Domain Name Process.)
(2) Rule 19. Fees
In this proposal, each Provider can make an offer freely about fee.
From the point of view of improvement in convenience of users, do you
need to examine appropriate cost and cost control?
(3) Could you please explain more clearly the meaning of Rule 3(b)(xi)?