Re: More whois fun. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 11:08:33 -0700
From: Jeff Lasman <jl-lists@jatek.net>
To: list@inet-access.net
Subject: Re: More whois fun.

Golan Klinger wrote:

>         Done a whois lately? NSI/Internic have added this to the end of
> the record:
>
> "You agree that you will not reproduce, sell, transfer, or
>  modify any of the data presented in response to your search request, or
>  use of any such data for commercial purpose, without the prior
>  express written permission of Network Solutions."
>
>         This just gets funnier and funnier.

Golan, you and I both know that the information belongs to the people
who typed it in, that the information in the interNic whois database is
public, and that we all use it for commercial purposes.

But don't tell anyone <smile>.  This way, everyone else but you and I
will be afraid to use the information, and instead, we can sell it to
them without the disclaimer on the end <very big smile>.

On a more serious note, tell your congressman what Network Solutions is
doing with government money and how they're attempting to convert
public, government sponsored information, to private information.  I
did.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman <jl-lists@jatek.net>