Trademark Owners Rights.

To Whom It May Concern,

I am a trademark owner who recently got more involved in understanding the
design and set-up process of businesses on the Internet, including the name
registration system,  although I have a business on the Internet. When I
initially set-up my site 5 years ago, and for the past 5 years I was told by
my previous Hosting Server that my companies name was alrealy registered, and
I had no legal rights to the name.

I recently saw a television news broadcast that said I do have some rights.
The problem begans with, the time limits that are put on a company to notify
the registrar (1) when a Trademark owner realizes they do have rights (2) the
Trademark owner of the company is not aware of those rights, because they are
doing business as usual and the Hosting company has no interest to fight for
the Trademark owner for its name or the Hosting company is also not
knowledgeable there can be an opportunity to file a complaintfor the
Trademark owner, because this information is not advertised in the daiy news
paper or on television or to domain name registrants/owners, just on the
Internet (3) the current registrar of the domain name holds the name for a
long period of time and never uses the domain name, until the Trademark owner
finally finds out they do have rights and the current Domain name owner wants
to charge the Trademark owner $50,000 for the company to buy the Domain name
from them.  This is clearly unfair business practices, and there should be a
law against it.

I never knew how to get in touch with Internic until I had to fight to save
my business, because the Hosting company had registered the website under
their name.  It then took about 3 months of fighting and learning the
Internic's process to re-register my company's name under my name.

I'm saying all of this to say, now I'm finding out there is hope of me
fighting to get my registered tradmark name, (I am the only Federal Trademark
owner officially registered to this name), and the person wants me to pay
them $50,000.  They have never used the name, but has just been holding it.
I've written them, and now I will follow Internic's procedure.  The time
periods allowed have to be longer because there is a large world of
understanding the internet and I know there are business people such as my
self who are just learning all of the organizational structure of the
internet.

It should be against the law for someone to charge you much more than
Internic charges for a name registration.  If this is allow where does the
control of domain name registration have any real meaning.  Then we should
let the Government continue to handle the operations, because it becomes
unfair practices for businesses.

I am going to fight my way through this, and I would like to have a chance to
participate in future question and answer sessions.

I can be reached at:  missyegg@aol.com

The domain name in dispute is musicquest.com.  I've recently registared
musicquest.net.  I learned how to do this myself.

Thank you in advance for