Re: more netsol fun (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 17:18:57 -0700
From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk@cybernothing.org>
To: INET-ACCESS
Subject: Re: more netsol fun

On 06/14/99, up@3.am wrote:

> > Knowing they are/arenot in root servers doesn't help in regards to
> > getting them registered and/or modified ... You probably need to
> > _call_ internic and say you are the user in question.
>
> I did...they referred me to register.com...oboy this competition thing is
> lovely...

	Just wait -- soon there'll be more, each with flashy banner
	ads designed to confuse people into registering more domains
	(just like NetSol's banner ads now), and you'll have users
	attempt to register the same domain with all of them at once
	and then forget which one actually registered it first, so
	of course they'll call you for help.

	I'm certainly not saying that the status quo is good, but I
	can see a lot of pain in the transition -- especially since
	this probably isn't gonna be the last transition we see.

 ---------========== J.D. Falk <jdfalk@cybernothing.org> =========---------
  |     "Just take your pills and kiss your apogee goodbye."             |
  |                                            -Crow T. Robot, MST3K     |
 ----========== http://www.cybernothing.org/jdfalk/home.html ==========----
-