Re: more netsol fun (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 21:04:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: up@3.am
To: INET-ACCESS
Subject: Re: more netsol fun

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, JC Dill wrote:

> On 07:58 PM 6/14/99 -0400, up@3.am sent forth across the ether('net):
>
> >oboy this competition thing is
> >lovely...
>
> Heavens forbid NSI simply create a combined whois to query... after all,
> that would be *useful* to the end user.

This raises soooo many issues.  Whois is trivial, thanks to those that
steered me where I need to go.  I went to www.register.com...after
searching around alot of information like "what is a domain?", I found the
link to submit domain changes.  You need a username and password.  Lovely.
I take it that current NSI/InterNIC templates are now useless anywhere
else, along with NIC handles, right?

I guess I can't blame NSI for not wanting to help the competition, but
whois.internic.net is *supposed* to be part of their contract, right?

OTOH, register.com has their heads up their asses for not accepting
NSI/InterNIC templates/NIC handles, etc.  It would do wonders to help
recruit their largest potential customer base (ISPs)...

up@3.am							    http://3.am