domain name is not available or display nothing or error out...none of these
results will help the person find the owner/contact information for the domain.

In essance people will now have to perform two steps to look up a domain:

1. Determine the registrar at nsiregistry.com
2. Query the appropriate Whois server

First off many people won't understand this and secondly each registrar may
display different amounts of information on domains or simple none at all.
Hopefully others see the problem with such a setup!?

Also these differences only reiterate that under the current incarnation of the
multiple registrar system, there exists an accountability/legal problem in
determining who owns and controls a domain. This is not a trivial matter and I
would strongly recommend ICANN review how registrar information is coordinated.

The central registry (nsiregistry) *should* in my view contain ALL the records
for a domain record or at the minimum the legal OWNER of each domain and date
of registration that can be easily queried. Considering the value of domain
names, why would ICANN create a system where there's no central registry of
domain name owners??  That's crazy!!  Or perhaps I misunderstand?...I hope!

Ron Bennett

In article <7k4avt$a76$1@ns1.vrx.net>, richard@ns1.vrx.net says...