Re: AOL snags domain name redux (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 22:50:48 -0400 (EDT)
From: jlewis@lewis.org
To: list@inet-access.net
Subject: Re: AOL snags domain name redux

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, jamie wrote:

>  Sorry...my point was that NSI never acknowledged it as a
> domain/trademark dispute, the woman claimed she never got a
> letter from NSI and nowhere, that I can see, did NSI ever say "this domain
> name is being challenged". They just seemingly back-doored it with the
> address foil.It's no big surprise that a larger customer would appear to

This should probably scare lots of people...especially since NetSlo has
made it so difficult to change/correct info in section 3 of the domain
template.  It's been my experience that it hasn't been worth the effort to
modify section 3 data as long as the contacts are valid.  Does such
practice now leave domains open to theft or is NSI claiming that even her
NIC handle data was all invalid?

----don't waste your cpu, crack rc5...www.distributed.net team enzo---
 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  Spammers will be winnuked or
 System Administrator        |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Atlantic Net                |  to get the job done.
_________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________

-