Re: www.networksolutions.com hijacked (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 13:08:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rahul Dhesi <dhesi@rahul.net>
To: list@inet-access.net
Subject: Re: www.networksolutions.com hijacked
Newsgroups: a2i.lists.inet-access

George Herbert <gherbert@crl.com> writes:

>There are three avenues of speculation on how that might have
>happened, specifically an external hack, internal sabotage,
>or intentional hostile action by NSI against themselves to make
>the competitors look bad.  I find the third sort of hard to
>believe personally.

A year ago, would you have believed that www.internic.net would suddenly
be repointed to a private web site where Network Solutions sells its own
higher-priced services?

And then, when that happened, would you have believed that Network
Solutions would complain to the US government that www.internic.com was
unfairly competing with www.internic.net?

Would you believe that Network Solutions claims the right, as a private
entity, to refuse to register certain domains?  But that it won't refuse
to register domains for known spammers because it says it's required to
register all domains?

I believe more and more impossible things everyday about the
inconsistent, out-of-control, hypocritical and untrustworthy entity
known as Network Solutions.
--
Rahul Dhesi <dhesi@spams.r.us.com>
   See my UUNET spam mini-faq at: