spamming, legal action? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 15:59:11 -0700
From: Mike Greene <mikeg@rockisland.com>
To: ISPC-MEMBERS@ispc.org
Subject: spamming, legal action?

Story time:

OK, network solutions sent out a UCE/UBE email utilizing an unused netblock
of one of our customers, actually this customer was in Calif with UU.NET
and moved up to Washington, and is now using a portion of one of our
netblocks.

Any ways to make a long story short, I want to nail NSI for this as we are
being flooded with complaints, our customer is being bombarded and well I'm
just pissed off at NSI any ways for being such a screwed up outfit.

I want to drill it to them for everything I can, and hold UU.NET
responsible too as we have asked them repeatedly to unassigned that
netblock to our customer!

Anybody here have some suggestions?  Know of any good legal counsel in
these matters?

Thanks in advance!

- Mike

Rock Island Communications, Inc.  (360)-378-5884
http://www.rockisland.com/  San Juan Islands, WA

ISPF - The Forum for ISPs by ISPs(tm)  ||  Nov 15-17, 1999, New Orleans
3 days of clues, news, and views from the industry's best and brightest.
     Visit <http://www.ispf.com/> for information and registration.