Re: [ga] Revised Agenda proposal

Dennis and all,

Dennis Jennings wrote:

> Dear General Assembly Members,
>
> I would like to propose an slightly revised outline agenda for the Santiago DNSO General Assembly meeting. (My thanks to Jean-Michel for kicking this discussion off).

  Actually it was Javier that kicked this discussion topic off...

> Please note that I believe that at least a full day is requried for the DNSO GA (and therefore the DNSO Constituency meetings should be held the previous day (the Monday)), as (in my opinion) anything less than a day makes a mockery of the attempt at a General Assembly.

  Good point...

> What I propose below is an outline - if there is any positive feedback to this I will provide a more detailed agenda for discussion.
>
> I look forward to your comments.
>
> Dennis
>
> P.S. Please feel free to broadcast this e-mail message widely as the DNSO GA list has barely two hundred members and is therefore quite unrepresentative at this time.
> -------------
> Agenda for DNSO General Assembly
>
> 09:00 Appointment of Chairman
> (Objective – a neutral chairman for the day)

  The chairman should be ELECTED, not Appointed by the GA prior
to the Santiego conference so that he/she may adequately prepare and
that that person is properly a reflection of the GA.

> 09:15 Report from the ICANN Board
> (Objective – an update on the ICANN Board’s Requests to the DNSO)

  I would move this to 9:30 so as to have a vote of confidence on the
pNC/NC as it currently stands by the GA.  Again so as to have a
GA that adequately reflects the DNSO GA.

> 09:30 Report from the Interim Names Council
> (Objective – a progress report on the proposals for the administration of the DNSO)

  This is unnecessary if as I suggest just above that there be a Vote for selecting
a pNC./NC by the DNSO GA.  At that point the current pNC can pass on
any and all information to the NEW pNC/NC for potential review and than
report later to the ICANN (Initial?) Interim Board...

> 10:00 Report from the DNSO Constituency Meetings
> (Objective – to provide the General Assembly with a understanding of each DNSO Constituency, its membership, its priority issues, etc. To provide a report on the Constituency elections to the Names Council (electorate, voting procedures, etc.))

  Good idea.  This report should than be reviewed by the GA for any amendments
or additions that have been notices by those GA members.  Hence this report
might be renamed a "Interim Report" or a Preliminary Report" instead.

> 10:45 Coffee

  I think we can easily dispense with this...

> 11:15 Review of Working Groups
> Working Groups established by the Interim Names Council
> Working Groups proposed at public informal meeting held after Berlin DNSO General Assembly

  This should be done as I indicated above as a first order of business.

> (Objective – to scope the current work of the DNSO and to establish who is already involved and working on the issues identified. To identify current working group leaders and members.)

  This information should already be completed far prior to the Santiego
meeting.

> 12:30 Lunch
>
> 13:30 Break-out Sessions for Working Groups
> (Objective – Identification of consensus to date and outstanding work items. To identify relevant background documentation, etc.)

  Good idea.

> 15:30 Reports from the Working Group Sessions
> (Objective – Brief status reports to General Assembly with pointers to further information for interested individuals).

  Again this information should already be available on the DNSO web site
far prior to the Santiago meeting.