[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: A dilemma
- To: Non-Commercial Domain Name Holders Constituency Discussion List <email@example.com>, ICANN Comments <Comments@icann.org>
- Subject: Re: A dilemma
- From: Jeff Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 14:48:22 +0100
- CC: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Esther (The clueless) Dyson" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Organization: INEG. Inc. (Spokesman INEGroup)
- References: <LYR1728-5375-1999.08.13-20.00.31--APisan#SERVIDOR.UNAM.MX@lyris.isoc.org> <LYR1799-5402-1999.08.14-17.24.45--Jwkckid1firstname.lastname@example.org>
Don and all,
I will state again, that in accordance with the ICANN bylaws, to
proceed in this direction would be in violation of those bylaws
regarding constituency representation.
Don Heath wrote:
> At 07:28 PM 8/13/99 -0600, Alejandro Pisanty, DGSCA y FQ, UNAM wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >the proposal to be able to vote for "couples" or alternates seems to have
> >consensus. This is a call to express dissent.
> >Should consensus subsist this should go to the charter. The rule must
> >apply in an even way for everybody. Obvious alternatives appear to be:
> I think that if people want to team up (rep and alt) then they should
> be able to do so. But, it isn't necessary to have alternates. If
> someone wants to run alone, let them do so. If someone wants an alt,
> then that needs to be known up front - that is, when we vote, we
> need to know what we are voting for - if it's a single entrant, or
> a pair (rep and alt).
> You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as: Jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-ncdnhc-discuss-1799I@lyris.isoc.org
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman INEGroup (Over 95k members strong!)
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
Contact Number: 972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208