[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [IFWP] Latest on the Australian censorship
- To: ICANN Comments <Comments@icann.org>
- Subject: Re: [IFWP] Latest on the Australian censorship
- From: Jeff Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 07:34:23 +0100
- CC: email@example.com, Domain Policy <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Esther (The clueless) Dyson" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, Non-Commercial Domain Name Holders Constituency Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: INEG. Inc. (Spokesman INEGroup)
- References: <37C27559.C86DD818@iciiu.org> <email@example.com>
William and all,
Good point William. Sort of gives one a hint of what to expect
from the GAC, doesn't it???
William X. Walsh wrote:
> Tuesday, August 24, 1999, 3:35:05 AM, Michael Sondow <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > The following Ministerial Media Release is available at:
> > http://www.dcita.gov.au/cgi-bin/trap.pl?path=4226
> > ACLU president insults Australia
> > The President of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), Nadine
> > Strossen,
> > yesterday described Australia as a "global village idiot" because it
> > has
> > tried to protect children from illegal material on the internet.
> > Terry O'Connor, Minister's office
> Always nice to see them taking comments and twisting them like this
> The ACLU President got it right, their Draconian measures are way
> overboard, and in the US would never stand up to constitutional
> muster. Too bad the Australians' didn't have the foresight to
> institute such protections.
> William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
> Email: email@example.com Fax:(209) 671-7934
> Editor of http://www.dnspolicy.com/
> (IDNO MEMBER)
> Support the Cyberspace Association, the
> constituency of Individual Domain Name Owners
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman INEGroup (Over 95k members strong!)
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
Contact Number: 972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208