Domain names

Caught Esther Dysons column in the Guardian Online
section.  Thanks for the opportunity to comment.
I have looked for web sites of the form:
www.(geographical-name or city or town name).com and .org,
and they do exist sometimes.  It is my opinion that
anyone who registers such domains should be given
credit for having the idea - often the tourist boards
are too slow to take the opportunity.  But there should be
an agreed, small compensation for this, and a system
for forced relinquishment if the domain name is not
being used as a full gateway to the region.

Alex Telford    a.telford@dial.pipex.com