Re: [IFWP] from IP ICANN and IBM

Marie Antoinette, when told that her people
were starving and had no bread to eat, replied:
"Let them eat cake!"

Hello John,

Could it be that you are so insulated behind
your castle walls, that you are not hearing
the cries of the people?

Your comments in support of ICANN ignore the
most egregious of its faults -- ICANN does not
follow the White Paper, it does not follow its
MoU with Commerce, and it does not follow its
own by-laws.

In a recent New York Times article, Esther Dyson
was quoted as saying "With all due respect, we
are less interested in complaints about process"
and more interested in "doing real work and
moving forward."

Now, as a VP of IBM, as the head of the Global
Internet Project, as a *major* contributor to
ICANN, and as a *major* fund raiser for ICANN,
I can understand why you might not be affected
by ICANN's misguided ways.

In fact, I bet your ideas are considered brilliant,
and immediately accepted as the prevailing consensus.
Which, of course, highlights the problem.

Those who have no "bread" are called "arrogant
juveniles" by Captain Mike, and our ideas and our
comments are ignored.

I'm sorry, but if this is your idea of Internet
Governance, I want no part of it.  Process *is*
important -- as it protects everyone equally!

If you want to make the world safe for ecommerce,
then please choose a vehicle that is fair, and is
based on sound principles and processes.  Until
you do, I fear that the Domain Name Wars will
continue well into the next century.

Respectfully,

Jay Fenello
http://www.fenello.com  770-392-9480
"They came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I
wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up
because I wasn't a Jew.  Then they came for the trade unionists, and I
didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.  Then they came for
the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.  Then
they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."
    --  Martin Niemoeller