Re: [names] The Green Paper vs. The White Paper (was: Summary Notes from NAMES)

At 01:53 PM 10/18/99 , Leon Koay wrote:
>Ah, yes...the "success of the American model".  Is it always true that what
>works for the 220 million of one nation, should equally work for the 6
>billion of 190 nations?  Why is it that soccer is known as football
>everywhere else but in the US (and maybe Canada)?

Hi Leon,

I have always supported a multi-cultural
approach to Internet Governance.  I even
spoke for cultural values when I testified
in front of Congress two years ago:
    http://www.iperdome.com/press/congress.htm

And while America has some wonderful traditions
that resulted in the success of things like the
Internet, I agree that we have some problems
as well.

Senator John McCain recently claimed that
special-interest money is corrupting politics,
and he called the present method of financing
political campaigns ``an elaborate influence-
peddling scheme''
   http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/19991015/pl/politics_finance_4.html

Nowhere is this more apparent than in the
current give-away of Internet resources.  If
Senator McCain's critics need any proof, they
need look no further than here!

While sometimes this fight against corruption
seems hopeless, I have faith that the forces
of reason will coalesce around a great leader
who will lead them out of the darkness.

Perhaps this leader is Senator John McCain!

Jay.

>At 12:56 PM 10/18/99 -0400, Jay@iperdome.com wrote:
> >
> >Early this semester, the Harvard Law School
> >invited approximately 20 ICANN supporters and
> >critics to participate in its IS99 class.
><snip>

Respectfully,

Jay Fenello,
New Media Relations