Re: [bwg+] Another Media Blackout (was Re: [IFWP] Police usepepper spray, rubber bullets on WTO protesters)

At 3:35 AM -0500 12/1/99, Jay Fenello wrote:
>>---snipped
>Well, it's 3:30 a.m. EST, and I have seen very
>little coverage of the riots.  It's seems that
>the Pete Rose story is a much higher priority
>topic tonight!
>---snipped

>The media is obviously hiding this story!
---snipped

Oh, Jay, ease up, fer cryin' out loud. The riots are the top story on
the front pages of both of Canada's national newspapers; photos, at
least, made the front page of [my editions of] the New York Times and
the Washington Post; was the topic of the day in most of the chat
rooms and IRC channels I monitor; and when I flipped on CNN during
prime time (EDT) Tuesday night, CNN was running a long piece about
the riots with lengthy interviews from labour leaders as well as
representatives of corporate America.

Your criticism of the under-reporting of ICANN made a lot of sense
but this time around . . . .

David Akin / Technology Reporter
National Post / dakin@nationalpost.com
VOX: 416.383.2372 / FAX: 416.383.2443