whois query redirection

When a whois query for a domain name is sent to whois.crsnic.net the reply
contains the following line:

"Whois Server: <FQDN of registrar's whois server>"

Several whois clients and web front-ends already support this and automatically
redirect the query to the target server.

I believe it would be beneficial to extend this practice to support country
code TLDs as well.  To the best of my knowledge, there is currently no
standardized way to issue a whois query for a domain name regardless of its
TLD.  This is a simple, natural extension which is already supported and
will also be of assistance to users of whois clients which do not support
automatic redirection.

	Oren Tirosh

--
"It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dreams of yesterday are
the hopes of today and the reality of tomorrow."   Robert H. Goddard