[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ga] Two things troubling me with the GA Chair elections...
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, ICANN Comments <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [ga] Two things troubling me with the GA Chair elections...
- From: Jeff Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 16:47:33 -0800
- CC: email@example.com, Joop Teernstra <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Patrick Greenwell <email@example.com>, Harald Tveit Alvestrand <Harald@Alvestrand.no>, Karl Auerbach <karl@CaveBear.com>, IDNO discuss <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Becky Burr <email@example.com>, commerce <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "\"dnso \\\"Watchdog list\\\"\"" <email@example.com>, Elloit Maxwell <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Eric Menge <Eric.Menge@sba.gov>, Esther Dyson <email@example.com>, james tierney <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Laura Bailyn <email@example.com>, "vinton g. cerf - ISOC" <vcerf@MCI.NET>
- Organization: INEGroup Spokesman
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Bradlye and all,
Bradley it is evident from the IDNO archives and my following fairly
closely that your rancor towards Joop is both unfounded and based
or you unwillingness to use Joops Java based "Voting Booth". I find it
in both bad taste and unconventional at least that you should slander Joop
or anyone in this unsubstantiated manner on another list, most especially
the DNSO list. Perhaps your motivations are of putting yourself in
a light that is more expectable to the CORE captured DNSO NC,
hoping for a "Bigger Cookie" down the road somewhere?
As we or at least I, have seen in the recent past that William, Yourself,
and Roberto, have an interest in starting another "Type" of IDNO to
fit your own political purposes, it occurs to me anyway that you seem
more attune to political expediency than to ethical and creditable
conviction. This is not surprising, however. We have seen this
occurring amongst the DNSO NC and it's creature, the DNSO
List admin and Secretariat as well. Shameful that! But I suppose
it is all part of this now very twisted and malignant process that has
begun to run amuck.
> Yes, the JDNO will die and fade away in the next couple of days
> apparently, because you sabotaged it Joop.
> We're ready to have a real IDNO as soon as this happens. One that will
> serve as an AAA for Domain owners, and one that can hopefully develop a
> legal fund for the protection of Domain Owners Rights.
> --Bradley D. Thornton MCSE; MCT.-- , bootstrap of
> the Cyberspace Association,
> the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
> http://www.idno.org (or direct:)
> On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Joop Teernstra wrote:
> > At 11:46 7/12/99 -0800, Patrick Greenwell wrote:
> > >On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
> > >
> > >> At 15:08 06.12.99 -0800, Karl Auerbach wrote:
> > >>
> > >> >And please spare us the "individuals get the at-large" fantasy.
> > >> One thing's for sure - if the experience of the GA is any guide, someone
> > >> will have to organize the at-large constituency.
> > >>
> > >> We've proved pretty well that self-organizing in the open doesn't work.
> > >
> > >Actually, all that has been proven is that it has never been allowed to
> > >succeed.
> > >
> > Correct. Where is was starting to succeed, it has been sabotaged.
> > --Joop Teernstra LL.M.-- , bootstrap of
> > the Cyberspace Association,
> > the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
> > http://www.idno.org (or direct:)
> > http://www.democracy.org.nz/idno/
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman INEGroup (Over 95k members strong!)
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
Contact Number: 972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208