[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ga] We must move the DNSO server out of France.(was: Proof of Identification)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [ga] We must move the DNSO server out of France.(was: Proof of Identification)
- From: Bob Davis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 15:57:43 -0800
- CC: "'commerce'" <email@example.com>, "'Becky Burr'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "'Andrew Pincus'" <APincus@doc.gov>, "'Eric Menge'" <Eric.Menge@sba.gov>, "'Esther Dyson'" <email@example.com>, "'james tierney'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "'Louis_L._Touton'" <Louis_L._Touton@jonesday.com>, "'Laura Bailyn'" <email@example.com>, "vinton g. cerf - ISOC" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: INEG. Inc. VP Marketing INEGroup-West Director
- References: <199912081031.LAA21412@gaillac.nic.fr> <384ED2BD.624AE614@ix.netcom.com>
Jeff and all DNSO'ers,
I believe you and Roeland were and are quite correct in you original
analysis as well. After checking with the San Institute, it seems that
they also support your and Roelands conclusions as well.
Jeff Williams wrote:
> Annie and all,
> Annie Renard wrote:
> > In your previous mail you wrote:
> > > From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]On Behalf Of Annie
> > > Renard
> > > Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 1999 12:31 AM
> > > Sorry, you are wrong, french encrytion laws have changed, we
> > > are now allowed to use
> > > full access to encrytion technologies (SCSSI declaration).
> > > ---
> > Can you provide reference, a URL perhaps? When did this change? If thi
> > s is
> > true then I apologize to France.
> > http://www.scssi.gouv.fr/
> > law texts no.99-199-199 and 200 (17/03/99) in french
> > no problem for a simple authentification, no need an hard encryption,
> > a special authorization from the SCSSI is needed (and granted) in some
> > particular case.
> This URL is old news, and as I suspected and I am sure Roeland did
> as well this is completely inadequate to protect the PRIVACY of
> anyone as it only provides for WEAK authentication and Encryption.
> Not adequate for purposes of meeting reasonable privacy concerns.
> Therefore I stand by my original analysis, as I have no doubt
> Roeland would and should as well.
> > ---
> > Annie Renard [email@example.com]
> > AFNIC/NIC France
> > c/o INRIA domaine de Voluceau BP105, 78153 Le Chesnay CEDEX, France
> > http://www.nic.fr/
> > Personal Email: Annie.Renard@nic.fr
> Jeffrey A. Williams
> Spokesman INEGroup (Over 95k members strong!)
> CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
> Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
> E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
> Contact Number: 972-447-1894
> Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208
NetZero - Defenders of the Free World
Get your FREE Internet Access and Email at