Re: [Membership] Re: Divide and rule by geography or language

One of the suggestions is to have regional voting pools (where only people from
the region can vote for candidates from that region).  The reason for that is
because the drafting of V.6. is so awkward that this may be one of the few ways
to fulfill it.  Greg Crew's proposal is that all members vote for whomever they
wish and the candidates from each region getting the highest number of votes will
be the nominee.  That seems to be the approach that you and most commenters
support.  It requires changing the by-laws, we believe.  You can see some of the
ideas about this at http://cyber.harvard.edu/rcs/report.html

Diane Cabell
MAC