[Membership] membership votes domain names INTEGRITY

Russ et al:

Your response to me on domain name appropriateness, control, freedom of speech
got me to thinking instead of reacting to your negative message.

Policies need to be re-thought of who members are, how they are allowed to
vote, how names are issued ,etc, etc,etc.

We keep talking of individual votes, corporate blocks, e-mail owners, domain
owners, regional blocks, cyberspace weenies and so on.

Have we identified the Issues that need to be resolved and controlled? I don't
think we have as of yet. This is critical. If we don't know what we want to
solve and control, how can we decide organizational structures, authorities,
etc>?

Please: look at the discussions- Domain Names, Freedom of speech, ownership ,
regional vs cyber, etc. Even in this great democracy we do NOT allow majority
vote to automatically rule everything. If we did their would be no minority
rights ( that may be what you are after) but it needs to be identified and
expalined.

Russ: as i have stated- I want no part of a single organization controlling
everything- that smacks of the book 1984. in fact in the San fernado valley we
are trying to separate from LA because it is too big and we are the left outs.

You want freedom of speech, Russ, I want that as well. However, responibility
and integrity goes along with having this freedom.

Et Al: Their are many purveyors of "information" that would choose to take
DOMAIN NAMES that the vast majority would find abhorrent let alone names that
could be used to attack various groups of people. I am not allowed to swear or
use foul language in these communications - why should someone be allowed to
use them in Domain names.

Lets identify the problems - then decide who and how they will be authorized.
As I send we have our freedoms and laws - vastly different than many other
palces - why should one group of PAID PEOPLE decide who and how the internet
will work.

Glad to see that you recognize that their are some VALUE ADDED Businesses that
utilize Domain names in a responsible way.

thanks steve witkin