Re: Competition; was Re: [Membership] ICANN: The Issue of Membership---

Esther Dyson a écrit:

> I agree that "industry self-regulation" is often a cloak for oligopolies.
> But true market competition really works.  (Yes, "true" is an important
> qualifier here, and sometimes oversight is needed to keep the competition
> fair/vigorous.) So, as I see from your last paragraph, we agree overall!

Amazing! :)

Yes, it will be a good trick if ICANN can pull it off, to regulate without
regulating and to get the Internet to self-regulate without the consequences
of self-regulation. A conjuring act, requiring the finesse of Alan Greenspan
and the hard-headedness of Jacques Mitterand.