Re: Individual Memberships (was Re: [Membership] The People'sRepublic of ICANN?

A 11:14 12/02/99 -0000, Dr Nii Quaynor a écrit :
(after Darrell Greenwood said:)
>>In the case of individual and organization memberships, the CEO can
>>join as an individual and vote as an individual, and the CEO can have
>>the organization join, then vote as the organization. Two votes.
>>Could be perceived as being unfair. Offhand, I think I perceive it as
>>being unfair, so I rather like the individual memberships only. No
>>classes.

Kent Crispin's proposal avoids that problem: an organization can join and
designates one representative. This representative has one vote, and can
not vote again as an individual member.

(Nii:)
>Would you consider having both individual and organizational memberships but
>only individuals can vote?

I don't see what good it would do. Why would an organization join in this
case? I know ISOC's "sponsorship" model was mentionned, but this is only
for large or large-ish, highly motivated companies. I'm more interested in
small organizations.

Daniel
** Les eLectrophées  -  trophées du commerce électronique  -  19/3/99
** http://www.finances.gouv.fr/mission_commerce_electronique/trophees
Daniel Kaplan                            Consultant
dkaplan@terra-nova.fr        http://www.dkaplan.net
5, rue de la Véga    -   75012 Paris    -    France
Tel +33 (0)1 5333 8881       Fax +33 (0)1 5333 8882