Re: [Membership] Re: Individual Memberships

There's no sponsorship money on the table. It takes a lot of effort to get it!

Esther

At 08:12 PM 15/02/99 -0000, Dr Nii Quaynor wrote:

>>They can be contained in three  ways:
>>
>>1 - disclosure (as we are doing on our Website).
>>
>>2- proper behavior: We have to remember that we do not owe the donors any
>>favors.
>>
>>3 - time limits.  We need to move forward with plans to be funded by
>>registry/registrar fees, among other sources, so that we no longer need
>>donations.
>>

>I see the objective. So, other questions. Why should ICANN leave
>(sponsorship) money on the table when it can be used to do some good? Is
>this a matter of being politically correct or a challenge of structuring how
>the funds are handled for a sponsor who obtains an "ICANN brand"?
>
>Nii

Esther Dyson			Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800
1 (212) 924-0240 fax
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com

PC Forum:  21 to 24 March 1999, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
High-Tech Forum in Europe:  24 to 26 October 1999, Budapest
Book:  "Release 2.0: A design for living in the digital age"