Re: [Membership] Re: Individual Memberships

Believe me, we'd be thrilled to have individual sponsors too!  Let us know
if you're interested in donating.  (But you don't get anything in return
other than satisfaction and your name on our Website, just like the
corporate donors.)

Esther Dyson

At 07:25 PM 14/02/99 -0500, Michael Sondow wrote:
>a@help.org a écrit:
>>
>> I believe part of their current funding is from the US Dept. of Commerce
>> NTIA under a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
>
>Perhaps you´re right that some of the money comes, or came, from the
>DOC. But part has come from the GIP members, which are large
>corporations.
>
>Daniel Kaplan makes a proposal that has a false premise. He says "I
>would not like ICANN to be sponsored by firms." The premise is that
>ICANN is not yet sponsored by firms. This is false. The GIP firms
>are sponsoring it.
>
>Recently, a call was put out by one of the GIP organizers (I forget
>who, maybe Vincent Cerf) for more money from the GIP member firms
>for ICANN. Daniel Kaplan says he wouldn't like ICANN to have
>corporate sponsoring. I'd like to know what he has to say to the
>present corporate sponsoring.
>
>Will Mr. Kaplan reply?

Esther Dyson			Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800
1 (212) 924-0240 fax
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com

PC Forum:  21 to 24 March 1999, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
High-Tech Forum in Europe:  24 to 26 October 1999, Budapest
Book:  "Release 2.0: A design for living in the digital age"