Re: [Membership] Remote Participation in the Singapore Open Meeting

Asia was on our list of regions, along with Africa and Latin America.
Because APRICOT was happening around the time we wanted to have a board
meeting, it seemed/seems to make a lot of sense.

Esther

At 05:59 PM 19/02/99 -0000, Dr Nii Quaynor wrote:

>>Again, my original question - what was the decision criteria for having a
>meeting in Singapore? Why not Toronto or LA or Mexico City or the Caribbean?
>Why Singapore - that is my question?  Like I said, I appreciate the real
>video connection, but why Singapore?
>>

>Why *not* Timbuctou, Cairo, Johannesburg, Bamako, Kampala, Accra, Nairobi,
>Luanda, Cotonou, Manzini ............ I wish I could toss a biased coin ;-)
>Its good for Asia this time around and lets hope for Jamaica in future.
>
>Nii

Esther Dyson			Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800
1 (212) 924-0240 fax
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com

PC Forum:  21 to 24 March 1999, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
High-Tech Forum in Europe:  24 to 26 October 1999, Budapest
Book:  "Release 2.0: A design for living in the digital age"