GNSO Policy & Implementation Working Group
This is a F2F meeting of the GNSO Policy and Implementation Working Group. The Working Group has been tasked by the GNSO Council to develop recommendations on:
- A set of principles that would underpin any GNSO policy and implementation related discussions, taking into account existing GNSO Operating Procedures.
- A process for developing gTLD policy, perhaps in the form of "Policy Guidance", including criteria for when it would be appropriate to use such a process (for developing policy other than "Consensus Policy") instead of a GNSO Policy Development Process;
- A framework for implementation related discussions associated with GNSO Policy Recommendations;
- Criteria to be used to determine when an action should be addressed by a policy process and when it should be considered implementation, and;
- Further guidance on how GNSO Implementation Review Teams, as defined in the PDP Manual, are expected to function and operate. This meeting will serve to update the community on the Working Group's work to date and also to progress further in its discussions through face-to-face interaction.
The Working Group recently completed its work on developing working definitions for a number of key terms in this context and is finalising a set of working principles, both of which are expected to guide and facilitate the WG deliberations on the charter questions. Both documents are expected to be updated accordingly following the completion of the WG's work to reflect and align with the WG recommendations on the charter questions. Those interested in the WG's activities are encouraged to review the working definitions and working principles prior to this session (see https://community.icann.org/x/9xrRAg).
For further information about the WG's activities, please see https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag.