Electors and Offices

Michael Froomkin proposed,
>  [A] person who accepts appointment to the NC... shall be
> INELIGIBLE to serve as a Director selected by that body directly
> [or indirectly?] during the term of office for which he or she is
> selected.  [Note that this doesn't mean they can't become directors
> some other way!]

   Whether the talent pool is deep or shallow, this almost begs for
round-robin politicking: e.g. a DSO-councillor standing for a Board
position to represent the PSO, a PSO-councillor to represent the
ASO, etc.

If even that is prohibited, then we face the prospect of persons
refusing nominations to NCs in order to be eligible for selection to
the BoD.

If the concern is with conflict of interest (or of course the
appearance of it, which should by now be able to go without saying
in this entire exercise of democracy-by-design), it might be
logistically as well as legally simpler to let who will, be a councillor
and or a director -- and make all decisions at both levels fully
public. If recusal is appropriate it will soon be clear from the
records.

kerry miller