Re: [IFWP] catch 22? - Not hardly

Jeff and all,

Planet Communications Computing Facility wrote:

> > > I disagree.  They are doing their jobs to the best of their ability in
> > > order to meet their respective mandates.
> >
> >   I don't agree completely here either.  ICANN's and NSI's mandate is to
> > meet the terms of the White Paper and the MoU.  Neither of them are
> > doing that currently, not even close.
>
> No.  NSI's mandate is to keep their shareholders happy.  Investors always
> come first and it's investors who count when it comes to the bottom line.

  Of course investors count.  But customers always come first.  Without
customers in NSI's business, there is no company, and therefore no investors.
This is a point that many folks miss or don't really understand well...

> As for ICANN .. well their a mixed bag of interests and conflicting
> mandates.  And it shows - no one is happy.  There's gotta be a way of
> putting the love back into ICANN.

  LOL!  Well there is.  I would suggest three easy steps.

1.) Remove the current ICANN (Initial?) Interim board.

2.) Conduct an online election of the current participants with a
      30 day pre announcement.

3.) Retroactively vote on any current "Edicts" / "Policies" that
     are currently in place by the ICANN Membership to determine
     if a majority consensus exists...