ICANN Meetings in Wellington, New Zealand
25 - 31 March 2006
The next ICANN meeting will be held March 25 - 31 Wellington, New Zealand. The meetings are free to attend, and open to any interested person. ICANN encourages broad participation in its bottom-up consensus-development process. You can take part in these meetings by attending in person, by taking part in the webcast and remote participation opportunities, and/or by joining one of the various ICANN-related mailing lists. The local host's website contains more information about the venue, transportation and hotels.
Archive of public comments at http://forum.icann.org/lists/wellington
Information relating to Visa's can be obtained from the local host's website. If you require a letter of invitation to obtain a visa, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Friday, 24 March 2006
Registration desk open from 1:00 - 7:00pm
Friday only location: Square Affair, Old Town Hall, Wakefield Street
Please use entrance between Old Town Hall and Michael Fowler Centre
Saturday, 25 March 2006
Registration desk located in Michael Fowler Centre Foyer, opens 7:00am
- Government Advisory Committee Working Groups (closed) (09:00-13:00) (14:30-18:00)
- APTLD - http://aptld.org (Iliot Theater)
Sunday, 26 March 2006
- Government Advisory Committee Working Groups (closed) (09:00-11:00) (14:30-18:00) (Town Hall)
- Public Roundtable - Welcome to ICANN, Here's What it Means to You (11:00-12:00) (Frank Taplin)
- Open to all ICANN meeting participants, especially those attending their first ICANN meeting; roundtable discussion of what ICANN does, why ICANN is important to various stakeholder communities, and what the ICANN community will be doing in Wellington
- New Participants' Luncheon (12:00-13:00) (Renouf Foyer)
- All first time ICANN meeting participants are invited to join the ICANN board of directors and ICANN staff for lunch.
- wwTLD Meeting - http://www.wwtld.org/meetings/cctld/20060326.Wellington-agenda.html (Iliot Theater)
- Internet Users Forum - New TLDs - Next steps for launching a process that meets the world's domain name needs (open) (14:00-16:30) (Frank Taplin)
Monday, 27 March 2006
- Welcome Ceremony * (09:00-10:00) (M.F.C. Auditorium)
- ccNSO Members Meeting * (10:00-18:00) (Iliot Theater)
- Government Advisory Committee Plenary (closed) (10:00-12:30) (14:30-17:30) (Town Hall Auditorium)
- At-Large Advisory Committee Policy Forum * (open) (10:00-12:30) (Frank Taplin)
- At-Large Advisory Committee Meeting (open) (14:00-16:00) (Frank Taplin)
- Government Advisory Committee - Open Session with ICANN Board & CEO (open) (17:30-18:30) (Town Hall Auditorium)
- GNSO Constituency Day
- Cross Constituency Meeting - Commercial and Business Users, ISP, IP Interests (Green Room)
- gTLD Registries Constituency Meeting (Lion Harbourview Lounge)
(For more information on the Constituency, visit http://gtldregistries.org/).
- Registrars Constituency (Renouf Foyer)
- Commercial and Business Users Constituency Meeting (Green Room)
- Intellectual Property Interests Constituency Meeting (VIP Room)
- Internet Service Providers and Connectivity Providers Constituency Meeting (Civic Suite 3)
- Noncommercial Users Constituency Meeting (Square Room 2)
Tuesday, 28 March 2006
- ccNSO Members Meeting * (09:00 - 13:00) (Iliot Theater)
- Government Advisory Committee Plenary (09:00-13:00) (14:30-18:30) (closed) (Town Hall Auditorium)
- Asia-Pacific Regional At-Large Meeting (open) (13:30-15:30) (Frank Taplin)
- Public Meeting of the Security & Stability Advisory Committee * (09:30-10:30) (M.F.C. Auditorium)
- At-Large Internet Users Workshop - Internationalized Domain Names - What every Internet user needs to know * (10:30-12:30) (Frank Taplin)
- Workshops: (M.F.C Auditorium)
- DNSSEC Workshop * (10:30-12:30) (M.F.C. Auditorium)
- IPV6 Workshop * (13:00-14:00)
- ICANN Operational Planning Workshop (14:00-15:30)
- GNSO Public Forum * (15:30-18:30) (M.F.C Auditorium)
- ccNSO Council Meeting * (16:00-17:00) (Iliot Theater)
- Host's Official Reception (19:30-22:00) (Te Papa -The Museum of New Zealand)
Wednesday, 29 March 2006
- Workshop on Internet Governance * (09:15-12:00) (Iliot Theater)
- GNSO Council Meeting * (09:30-12:00) (M.F.C. Auditorium)
- Public Forum, Part I * (13:00- 17:00) (M.F.C. Auditorium)* (13:00- 18:00) (M.F.C. Auditorium)
- President's Report
- Supporting Organization & Advisory Committee Reports
- ccNSO Report
- GNSO Council Report
- ALAC (At-Large Advisory Committee)
- Public Comment on President's Report & Supporting Organization & Advisory Committee Reports
- Nominating Committee Report
- Ombudsman Report Presentation (PDF)
- Public Comments on Nominating Committee & Ombudsman Reports
- Morocco 2006 Meeting Hosts
- Brazil 2006 Meeting Hosts
- Presentation on President's Strategy Committee
- Public Comments on President's Strategy Committee & Open Microphone
- Sports Night - 10 pin bowling (Bowland, 12 Western Hutt Road, Petone 19:00 - 22:30)
Thursday, 30 March 2006
- Public Forum, Part II * (09:00-12:30) (M.F.C. Auditorium)
- Board Committee Reports:
- Audit Committee
- Board Governance Committee
- Conflict of Interest Committee
- Finance Committee
- Meetings Committee
- Reconsideration Committee
- Public Comments on Board Committee Reports
- Supporting Organization & Advisory Committee Reports
- ASO Report
- GAC (Governmental Advisory Committee)
- RSSAC (Root-Server System Advisory Committee)
- SSAC (Security and Stability Advisory Committee)
- Public Comments on Supporting Organization
- New sTLD Update
- IDN Update
- IANA Process
- Comments on new sTLD Update and IANA Process & Open Microphone
Friday, 31 March 2006
- Board Meeting * (08:30) (M.F.C. Auditorium)
- Pasifika Day - http://www.pasifika-it.com - all ICANN attendees welcome (Renouf Foyer)
Pre-registration for this meeting is now open. Click here to pre-register. Pre-registration is not required to attend the meeting.
Upon arrival, participants should pick up their badges and meeting materials at the registration desk.
More information about sponsorship opportunities can be found on the local host's website.
ICANN appreciates the support of the community in providing financial sponsorship for ICANN meetings. This sponsorship is a vital part of enabling ICANN to provide quality programs for meeting attendees. In particular, such generous sponsorship allows ICANN to hold its meetings in geographically diverse locations that allows broader participation across the world's Internet community. Details will be posted as they become available.
ICANN reserves the right not to accept sponsorships from organizations whose missions and activities conflict with ICANN policies.
PLEASE NOTE: Webcasts will begin approxmitely 15 minutes before the scheduled event. Please refer to the above schedule for event time.
There will be an Internet Lounge. Wireless Internet connectivity (802.11b) will also be available in the main meeting and public areas.
Members of the press should contact email@example.com.